Isintok Lake

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
ToddT
Übergod

Isintok Lake

Post by ToddT »

Hey what's the road like to Isintok Lake?

Also, a bunch of us boys are having a reunion of sorts and we're going camping. We are all torn between Allendale Lake and Isintok. Would you go to one over the other? And why? Is one better for fishing?

Thanks everyone!
logman
Übergod

Re: Isintok Lake

Post by logman »

The main road up to Isontok is in great shape. The access road is also pretty good. Great,beautiful camp spots. The only tricky part is if you are hauling a trailer. I would not recommend a travel trailer in there. No where to turn it around. I'm sure others have made that mistake before with a major problem getting turned around. Can't comment on the fishing. It is a very nice spot in general for tent camping.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

So......where did you go? And how was the fishing?
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Took the backroad behind Darke Lake. Fishing at Darke Lake was decent but all we got were Brookies so nothing for the bbq.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

So you went In to Darke Lake from the summerland side? Just wondering what lake in the area that you ended up fishing at? I have been in the Eneas Lake area a lot lately.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Just off some boulders on the main shore. The East side of the lake was teeming with brook trout.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”