Hunting Help/Partners/Teachers

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
ToddT
Übergod

Hunting Help/Partners/Teachers

Post by ToddT »

Hi everyone, last winter I went out and took my core and PAL courses and basically got geared up for the upcoming hunting season. Problem is that I'm basically a rookie and will need someone experienced to show me the ropes. I have a few buddies who I hope to tag along with a few times, but it looks like scheduling is going to be pretty tough to make that happen.

Anyways, I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who might be interested in taking someone under their wing a few times early or late in the season. I'm 32, in decent shape, and basically just don't want to make too many mistakes out in the bush. I'm in Penticton if that helps. I've scouted the Carmi area quite a bit but not much else.

Anyone have any advice or help? I'm really only looking to get a mulie or a whitey under my belt and go from there.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Hunting Help/Partners/Teachers

Post by JonyDarko »

I'm more or less in the same boat, except with a bow. I joined the Casorso range and met a few people, and have been learning lots from a few archery forums.
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

This year the BCWF New Hunter Boot Camp will be held on Sept 18 to 20 2015. It will be held at the Ridgedale Rod and Gun Club. registration is online at the BCWF website.

Join huntingbc.ca
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

ToddT wrote:Hi everyone, last winter I went out and took my core and PAL courses and basically got geared up for the upcoming hunting season. Problem is that I'm basically a rookie and will need someone experienced to show me the ropes. I have a few buddies who I hope to tag along with a few times, but it looks like scheduling is going to be pretty tough to make that happen.

Anyways, I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who might be interested in taking someone under their wing a few times early or late in the season. I'm 32, in decent shape, and basically just don't want to make too many mistakes out in the bush. I'm in Penticton if that helps. I've scouted the Carmi area quite a bit but not much else.

Anyone have any advice or help? I'm really only looking to get a mulie or a whitey under my belt and go from there.

Good for you. Don't know that I could actually pull the trigger but I respect the people that go out and bring their own food home.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

I believe that at some point in everyone's life, they need to be responsible for the food they bring home and put on the table. It's kind of a respect for the process type of thing.
Able
Fledgling

Post by Able »

advice.....roll your window down before you shoot.
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That would be illegal unless you have a disabled hunters permit.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”