Young Stars & Connor McDavid

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Young Stars & Connor McDavid

Post by Madhue »

onestop67 wrote:Gee, McDavid had two assists and a few other good scoring chances last night, against the Flames. Actual NHL players in both teams lineups, preseason game or not.

Games 1st star...McDavid.
hey let's build a team around him! Dude this was against the Flames, not the Ducks, not The Rangers... But hey let's wave the banner high, build you team around him. I just think he's that exciting to watch.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Madhue wrote:hey let's build a team around him! Dude this was against the Flames, not the Ducks, not The Rangers... But hey let's wave the banner high, build you team around him. I just think he's that exciting to watch.

I guess you missed my previous post where I said I ain't no Oiler's fan.

Go figure, selective posting seems to be your style.
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

onestop67 wrote:
I guess you missed my previous post where I said I ain't no Oiler's fan.

Go figure, selective posting seems to be your style.

so to offend you It was generalist comment, I also no way shape and form believe you have the ability as most people in here to build an NHL team.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Madhue wrote:so to offend you It was generalist comment, I also no way shape and form believe you have the ability as most people in here to build an NHL team.... They should make a special ointment for posters that are this sensitive.

If I could build an NHL team, I wouldn't be here talking to you. Well, other than Yahoo Fantasy NHL...

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 24th, 2015, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ If resent history is at all an indicator keep your eyes on the LAK & Ducks in the West (dark horse to be watching Dallas Stars). As for the East it all depends if Steven Stamkos stays in Tampa, Montreal has the goalie's they need scoring punch in the forward lines. Must not forget a couple teams in Metropolitan division either. i.e both NY teams & Washington

Number of teams in the league got some really talented young players this past off-season. i.e Buffalo, Arizona Will they be in main lineup it will have to be a wait & see.

Added later: I would like to see most of the Canadian teams make the post-season, at least 2 are doubtful.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Out of curiosity, what are your two doubt full's?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

twobits wrote:Out of curiosity, what are your two doubt full's?

Toronto
Vancouver

Added later: out of these 2, Canucks do have better chance.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Those would be my too as well except I'm not so sure about giving the nod to Vancouver over Toronto. The Pacific Division is is a stiff one. But I| will continue to self flagellate and hope for a miracle.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

twobits wrote:Those would be my too as well except I'm not so sure about giving the nod to Vancouver over Toronto. The Pacific Division is is a stiff one. But I| will continue to self flagellate and hope for a miracle.

I guess I should have added slim chance.
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

GordonH wrote:
Toronto
Vancouver

Really!??! How much better?

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 24th, 2015, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Toronto
Vancouver

Madhue wrote:Really!??! How much better?

Slim

Let see who's in each division start with Toronto:
Montreal (better then Toronto)
Tampa (also better then Toronto)
Detroit (as well, better then Toronto)

That eliminates Leafs from getting 1 of the top 3 spots in the division. So that would only leave the 2 wildcard spots. Not a chance with who will be in that.

Move on to Vancouver:
Anaheim (better then Canucks)
LAK (also better then the Canucks)
Hmm…. 3rd spot in Pacific division could be up for grabs (I expect/suspect Calgary will get it) This is that slim chance, that Vancouver has that Toronto does not.

So that leaves the wildcard spot, which Central division could have it wrapped up.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ A refresher course on who makes the play-off's (I know its only September).

Top 3 teams in each division are in, the other 2 spots goes to best of the rest in the Conference called wildcard spots.
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

interesting only way I can the Habs preforming even lacklustre is if they overhaul the management and secure a solid Coaching Staff.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Madhue wrote:interesting only way I can the Habs preforming even lacklustre is if they overhaul the management and secure a solid Coaching Staff.

Montreal GM is okay, the bench Boss/coach needs to be sent packing. Hard part is finding new coach who's French speaking. Seam its major requirement to coach.
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

GordonH wrote:Montreal GM is okay, the bench Boss/coach needs to be sent packing. Hard part is finding new coach who's French speaking. Seam its major requirement to coach.

Bill 101.... lol

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”