NHL superstar Carey Price makes dreams come true

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

NHL superstar Carey Price makes dreams come true

Post by oneh2obabe »

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price knows it's a tough road from the youth hockey leagues of interior British Columbia to the NHL, so he's trying to make it a little easier for players who are trying to follow in his footsteps.

Price teamed up with equipment manufacturer CCM to send thousands of dollars worth of skates, sticks, helmets, pads and all things hockey to youth in the area around Williams Lake, B.C., the town where the Habs superstar got his start.

The special deliveries landed at the offices of the Williams Lake Minor Hockey Association, where Price played from age nine to 15, three First Nations communities, the local Boys and Girls Club, KidSport, JumpStart and Big Brothers and Big Sisters.

Pam Povelofskie, administrator for the minor hockey program, said players and parents are excited that "tired and tattered" gear will be replaced for about 18 house league teams.

"I received a huge shipment of boxes that has overtaken my office," she said, adding the association asked for goalie gear for its atom to midget teams when Price's father, Jerry Price, emailed about the unexpected gifts.

"As kids get to bantam and midget they tend to have their own sets but there are some kids who need our help so we're going to be providing them with some brand new shiny equipment," she said.

Povelofskie said the equipment the association received is worth more money than it could ever afford.

"It would have taken us years to purchase something like this. We do a couple of sets a year, maybe, if we're lucky."

Full article
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-su ... --nhl.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL superstar Carey Price makes dreams come true

Post by GordonH »

Everything I have read about Carey Price, this sounds exactly the type of person he is. Those receiving the gear will remember this act of generosity for many years to come.

Off topic, how long will this win streak last.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:Off topic, how long will this win streak last.

Until they play the Canucks. In other words, not long.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

carey price is 100% pure class
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”