Why isn't Max Domi a Torono Maple Leaf?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Why isn't Max Domi a Torono Maple Leaf?

Post by GordonH »

Symbonite wrote:you mean people want to play for the Laffs?

I do give credit to TML they have won 2nd most Stanley Cups, oh yes what have you done lately well nothing since 1967.
Maybe it could be because of what Harold Ballard did at his end.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

And, if we're going to bring up places Tie Domi played...he was a Winnipeg Jet too...

*runs*
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ As well an New York Ranger

Added later: the player Toronto got from trade Tie to NYR only played 4 games for Leafs, floated around minors & Europe.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Deproulx

Post by Deproulx »

The Jets took Josh Morrissey at #13, but I'm pretty sure Domi would have been a Jet if AZ hadn't taken him at #12, given Tie's history with Wpg.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

What I was getting at was Tie was a Winnipeg Jet, Max is an Arizona Coyote...same franchise. Not that it matters really. The 'yotes ties to Winnipeg are pretty much just historical now.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

Ok, call me a dreamer or whatever may come to mind but wouldn't the Arizona Coyotes love to have Auston Mattnews who grew up in Phoenix, a member of their club? Of course they would and so would 30 other NHL clubs. After Don Maloney was fired last week from the Coyotes as General Manager, their current owner would probably tell who is ever hired as the clubs next GM to do whatever it takes to get Mattnews. With the draft lottery taking place this Saturday whoever wins the number one selection will no doubt be getting phones calls from other NHL clubs unless of course Arizona wins the lottery. BTW, Toronto has a 20% and Arizona are at 6.5%.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:Ok, call me a dreamer or whatever may come to mind but wouldn't the Arizona Coyotes love to have Auston Mattnews who grew up in Phoenix, a member of their club? Of course they would and so would 30 other NHL clubs. After Don Maloney was fired last week from the Coyotes as General Manager, their current owner would probably tell who is ever hired as the clubs next GM to do whatever it takes to get Mattnews. With the draft lottery taking place this Saturday whoever wins the number one selection will no doubt be getting phones calls from other NHL clubs unless of course Arizona wins the lottery. BTW, Toronto has a 20% and Arizona are at 6.5%.

What if Edmonton get #1 with 13.5% chance or Vancouver with 11.9% chance. Its a lottery anything could happen.
Unfortunately Max is fitting into Arizona rebuilding very well.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

What if Edmonton get #1 with 13.5% chance or Vancouver with 11.9% chance. Its a lottery anything could happen.
Unfortunately Max is fitting into Arizona rebuilding very well.

Yes, I agree but given the right offer would the Coyotes try to move up in the draft to get the number one pick? Would they be willing to part with a Max Domi or a Oliver Ekman Larsson. This Draft is so deep especially the top five that anyone of those pick could make a big impact on the teams drafting them. What would PO me is if a team like Boston, Montreal or Ottawa somehow with their slim chance were able to select first. Hope that never happens. Vancouver would no doubt keep the number one selection if they were to win the lottery and don't forget we're not talking a Connor McDavid here and hopefully were not talking a Doug Wickenheiser either. Wasn't Greg Joly a defenseman from the Regina Pats taken first over-all by the Washington Capitals and a Brian Lawton by the Minnesota North Stars. Just saying, trading a number one draft pick over-all never happens during the entry draft, but could this be the year that it does happens?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ as much as you would like Max to go to Toronto, Lou, Brendan & Mike are the ones rebuilding the Maple Leafs. If Toronto wins the #1 pick I highly doubt they would trade him, with maybe exception of Corner McDavid trade (Edmonton not going to do that).
What Toronto really needs is truly #1 goalie.

Max currently is in entry level contract with Arizona, once that contract is up he becomes RFA. If Toronto wants him thats chance, unfortunately Arizona get to match it (restricted free agent).

Added later: one thing to think about Tie was well liked by the fans, not sure about ownership.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

After watching Austun Mattnews performance at the WHC I strongly believes he is the real deal and has everything it takes to be a franchise player on the Toronto Maple Leafs. Unbelievable hockey player, could be another Mario Lemieux but with grit!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:After watching Austun Mattnews performance at the WHC I strongly believes he is the real deal and has everything it takes to be a franchise player on the Toronto Maple Leafs. Unbelievable hockey player, could be another Mario Lemieux but with grit!

Along with Auston Toronto has 8 (9 total) other picks in the first 4 rounds of this years draft. It just depends what they do, either take the picks of use them as trades.

All will be known on June 24th, 2016 from Buffalo, NY
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:After watching Austun Mattnews performance at the WHC I strongly believes he is the real deal and has everything it takes to be a franchise player on the Toronto Maple Leafs. Unbelievable hockey player, could be another Mario Lemieux but with grit!

I suspect this one must of hurt when you heard
Max Domi signed 2 year deal to the Montreal Canadiens
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Some Leaf fans think that anyone with any connection to Tarrana should automatically become a Leaf. If he was born in, or near, Tarrana, the Leafs should have first right of refusal. If his father played for the Leafs, for even part of his career, the son has been annointed and should be a Leaf. These beliefs are part of being Leaf Nation. They're the greatest.

You won't want to be around members of Leaf Nation if they ever win a cup. They'll be unbearable.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”