SuperBowl 50 Finals @ Levi Stadium, Santa Clara

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.

Who is your pick to win SuperBowl 50

Poll ended at Feb 6th, 2016, 6:51 pm

Denver Broncos or
40%
Carolina Panthers
60%

Total votes: 10

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: SuperBowl 50 Finals @ Levi Stadium, Santa Clara

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:almost game time :D
beer-check
pizza-check
wings-check
hoping for a 24-21 broncos win :130:

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo :smt045
bronco's defence was insane good
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

No doubt who the most valuable player was in this game.

No. 2 was greater than No. 1 in Super Bowl 50.

Von Miller, the No. 2 overall pick in 2011, snagged the Super Bowl MVP award after leading a dominant Denver Broncos defense that shut down the NFL's No. 1 scoring offense and league MVP Cam Newton, the No. 1 overall pick in 2011.

The Broncos forced four turnovers and sacked Newton seven times in the 24-10 win.

Miller was unstoppable all night off the edge. He harassed Newton to the tune 2.5 sacks and a huge strip of Newton in the closing minutes to seal the victory.

The linebacker highlighted his night early with a monstrous strip sack of Newton in the opening quarter that resulted in the Broncos' first touchdown of the game and set the tone for the contest. The play showed off Miller's combination of lightning quickness off the edge and massive strength. Small men don't rip the ball out of Cam Newton's hands.

Miller took home the award, but it could have gone to the entire defensive front. DeMarcus Ware (2 sacks, 4 QB hits) was all over the field, chasing Newton seemingly every play. The middle of the Broncos' defense, led by Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe, pushed the pocket, not allowing Newton to step up or scurry though the line on scrambles. The Broncos defense allowed the Panthers' No. 2 ranked rushing offense no holes, holding Carolina to a combined 118 yards on the ground.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... owl-50-mvp
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

It was a below average Super Bowl game. My highlight? Lady Gaga singing the Star Spangled Banner. I was just reading a columnist who said it was downhill after Lady Gaga and I have to agree. Strong defence is one thing but there were just too many mistakes, on both sides, to rate this a great game.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Urbane wrote:It was a below average Super Bowl game. My highlight? Lady Gaga singing the Star Spangled Banner. I was just reading a columnist who said it was downhill after Lady Gaga and I have to agree. Strong defence is one thing but there were just too many mistakes, on both sides, to rate this a great game.

I will agree with that especially from Carolina Panthers side, reason since Denver made many mistakes in both of their prior games (i.e Pittsburgh & New England) but they somehow still won. Yesterday game went that same way. (that first coaches challenge impo by Carolina got the wrong call, it was a catch)

Congratulations to Peyton Manning on his 2nd SuperBowl win.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i loved how pre game the announcers went on and on about Cam and how he just enjoys the game, he's fun, blah blah blah, then after the game they are talking about Peyton's class, grace, humility. :D (i laughed and laughed towards then end when i said, "Oh how i wish they'd go for a 2 pt. conversion just so the panthers can see what it's like." and they did. and made it. hahaha) i also found it funny that the panthers had to change their cleats because they were slipping on the field. it was like a whole stadium of karma. LOL
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cam Newton has a lot of growing up to do. I know that he was devastated by the loss but that's when a real leader needs to step up. His coach was certainly classy, in the post-game interview that I saw, but Cam Newton didn't handle himself very well. Hopefully he'll learn from this experience.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I expected nothing less from him if he lost that game, its easy being nice when you win
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i did feel sorry for one of his team mates, sitting alone on the bench and sobbing towards the end of the game. i really do hate seeing the team that loses. it's sad. and i really think they should give the guys a day or two before they stick a mic in their faces and ask about it. however, other quarterbacks have dealt with it much better than Cam did, that's for sure.

and speaking of heartbreak...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/7/10 ... ahawks-nfl

i have faith in the Seahawks still.
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ferri wrote: i have faith in the Seahawks still.

"who's bird is that?"
"that's Russell Wilson's bird"
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Ka-El wrote:"who's bird is that?"
"that's Russell Wilson's bird"

a starling. hahaha

cam.jpg
― Albert Einstein