U.S. football fans urge CFL to play in St. Louis

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

A small contingent of heartbroken fans has turned (in varying degrees of seriousness) to the CFL with the hope that they could still have a team to cheer on at the now empty Edward Jones Dome, where the Rams played for the last 20 years.

More …

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/cfl/us- ... id=SL5MDHP

I would love to see it happen. Miss San Antonio
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: U.S. football fans urge CFL to play in St. Louis

Post by GordonH »

CFL tried to go into US market before and it damn near destroyed the league ($$$$ due to very low attendants & no US tv contract ), sorry St. Louis in couple years hope for NFL expansion or Buffalo Bills to go bust and move.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: U.S. football fans urge CFL to play in St. Louis

Post by Ka-El »

GordonH wrote:CFL tried to go into US market before and it damn near destroyed the league ($$$$ due to very low attendants & no US tv contract ), ...

Ya, I forgot the specifics of what happened with that experiment. Too bad, as it really had the potential for creating so much exposure for three-down football on the big field in the US. Like I suggested, I thought it was pretty cool.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”