World Cup of Hockey 2016

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: World Cup of Hockey 2016

Post by GordonH »

55 minutes of unremarkable hockey by Team Canada with the last 5 minutes being unbelievable.

Congratulations to Mike Babcock & Team Canada

Added later: thumbs up to Team Europe for keeping us fans on the edge of our seats, hell of a game to you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

We turned the game on with about 10 mins. left. I would not have given $5 for Canada's chances as time ran down. Too bad, probably could have made a pile. As stated, unbelievable.

But why Bergeron, why esp. Marchand. We Canuck fans don't like those guys. I thought Marchand was a pest, not a star player. Alas, alack and sigh.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

occasional thoughts wrote:We turned the game on with about 10 mins. left. I would not have given $5 for Canada's chances as time ran down. Too bad, probably could have made a pile. As stated, unbelievable.

But why Bergeron, why esp. Marchand. We Canuck fans don't like those guys. I thought Marchand was a pest, not a star player. Alas, alack and sigh.

you say marchand was a pest???? as I habs fan yes he is a pest ,in this whc he was a star imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Yes, I know, everything's changed with Marchand. Now we have to love him, for a day or two at least (lol). I was just thinking back to the Boston-Vancouver Stanley Cup final series of several years ago.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Next World Cup of Hockey in 2020, next up is 2018 Winter games will NHL be going or not.
At this point its anyone's guess, knowing its only little over 16 months away the announcement will be soon.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Next World Cup of Hockey in 2020, next up is 2018 Winter games will NHL be going or not.
At this point its anyone's guess, knowing its only little over 16 months away the announcement will be soon.

a this rate they might as well move the 2018 winter games somewere else , while there is still time the way north korea is going;
no way in hell kim jong un--NORTH kOREA lEADER- will not take this opportunity to not make that happen---you heard it here first--
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Next World Cup of Hockey in 2020, next up is 2018 Winter games will NHL be going or not.

the truth wrote:a this rate they might as well move the 2018 winter games somewere else , while there is still time the way north korea is going;
no way in hell kim jong un--NORTH kOREA lEADER- will not take this opportunity to not make that happen---you heard it here first--

Back when South Korea was first awarded 2018 Winters Games, I said IOC has completely lost it and continue saying it. Plus the actual location is within 80kms of North Korean border.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”