World Cup of Hockey 2016

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: World Cup of Hockey 2016

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:It's looking like a Russia vs Canada semi's

Poindexter wrote:The NA team was a joy to watch for any fan of hockey. A game with them and Can would have been fun but would probably lack the animosity and fireworks that a Can vs Rus promises to deliver.

It's sounding like this is first & last under 23 team at this tournament. Maybe due to lack luster performance by US. Guess we wait and see come 2020.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

GordonH wrote:

It's sounding like this is first & last under 23 team at this tournament. Maybe due to lack luster performance by US. Guess we wait and see come 2020.

The Americans were a joke and it's pathetic how they're pointing fingers at everything and everyone else other than themselves. Fact is they don't have to look to far, not as talented as the other teams and Canuck fans know only too well that Tort's is the modern day Iron Mike Keenan and any team with him at the helm will fail to come together as a team.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:

Poindexter wrote:The Americans were a joke and it's pathetic how they're pointing fingers at everything and everyone else other than themselves. Fact is they don't have to look to far, not as talented as the other teams and Canuck fans know only too well that Tort's is the modern day Iron Mike Keenan and any team with him at the helm will fail to come together as a team.

When US Hockey first made the announcement of who was going to be the head coach, I damn near fell off my chair. This was US version of our 2006 mens Olympic hockey team & coaching staff, just on a shorten tournament. Of course I'm concerned about future due to who's at head of Hockey Canada.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

Did Team North America team officials F#^%k up by not telling the players that they needed a regulation win against Sweden or a Russian lost to Finland to advance to the semi-finals? With a 2-0 and a 3-1 lead in yesterday's game it was completely in Team North American court. To not to be able to see Team N/A compete again in this version of the World Cup of Hockey will be forgotten only with a Team Canada win over Russia on Saturday night.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:Did Team North America team officials F#^%k up by not telling the players that they needed a regulation win against Sweden or a Russian lost to Finland to advance to the semi-finals? With a 2-0 and a 3-1 lead in yesterday's game it was completely in Team North American court. To not to be able to see Team N/A compete again in this version of the World Cup of Hockey will be forgotten only with a Team Canada win over Russia on Saturday night.

impo I don't think it matter either way, with Team North America they were hurting bad on defense ( also goalie out Matt Murray) & Sweden knew this and took full advantage of that.
All Sweden needed was 1 point Lundqvist shutdown N/A offense long enough to get that 1point.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Saturday----Russia vs CANADA :up: I will go with a win a 4-2 Canada win

imo the only way Russia wins is if there goalie plays the best game of his life,and cary price chokes -not going to happen :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Happened to catch the last 2 minutes of the Us vs Czech Republic, so US goes winless in the tournament. 20/20 hindsight maybe should went with speed over size.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Happened to catch the last 2 minutes of the Us vs Czech Republic, so US goes winless in the tournament. 20/20 hindsight maybe should went with speed over size.

team usa -- why they lost imo

team usa - ego
team usa - bad coach choice
team usa- player grit over player talent = loser
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote:team usa -- why they lost imo

team usa - bad coach choice

:up:

My dog is a better coach...
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Just wondering and it was brought up by Sportnet Darren Millard this morning on Hockey Central. Even though we never had the chance to see Team North America play Team Canada in the WCH semi-finals would Gary Bettman consider the possibility of Team North America playing Team World at this years NHL All-Star game?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:Just wondering and it was brought up by Sportnet Darren Millard this morning on Hockey Central. Even though we never had the chance to see Team North America play Team Canada in the WCH semi-finals would Gary Bettman consider the possibility of Team North America playing Team World at this years NHL All-Star game?

Anything is possible, if it makes money for the league I'm sure he'd be all over it.
Of course the intensity would not be there due to possible player injuries especially if there team is in play-off hunt.

Added later: since All-Star games themselves are usually high scoring lame games because no one wants to get hurt.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

GordonH wrote:
Anything is possible, if it makes money for the league I'm sure he'd be all over it.
Of course the intensity would not be there due to possible player injuries especially if there team is in play-off hunt.

Added later: since All-Star games themselves are usually high scoring lame games because no one wants to get hurt.

Another option in four years for the World Cup of Hockey, could be a Team Quebec take the place of Team North America especially if the games would be held in Montreal. Isn't this all about making money for the National Hockey League?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Anything is possible, if it makes money for the league I'm sure he'd be all over it.

Straight Shooter wrote:Another option in four years for the World Cup of Hockey, could be a Team Quebec take the place of Team North America especially if the games would be held in Montreal. Isn't this all about making money for the National Hockey League?

Will there be enough under 23 players from QJMHL in NHL to put a team together in 2020. I'm guessing we will know the format for 2020 World Cup of Hockey come mid-season of 2019-2020
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:Saturday----Russia vs CANADA :up: I will go with a win a 4-2 Canada win

imo the only way Russia wins is if there goalie plays the best game of his life,and cary price chokes -not going to happen :up:

almost game time
GO CANADA GO :130: :130:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Canada plays it's game then Russia will lose, but if Canada lets them back into the game then outcome becomes cloudy.
There are a number of the Russian players who played on the Junior team, that cameback & won back when Juniors was played in Buffalo.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”