Peyton Manning to retire after 18 NFL seasons

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

After earning a record five MVP awards and, finally, his second Super Bowl trophy, Peyton Manning will retire from the NFL. He will make the official announcement on Monday, according to the Broncos.

This was the ending most were expecting after Manning’s 18th season, a year unlike any other in his career. For much of the 2015 season, Manning, 39, was at his worst, looking old and too weak with a depleted right arm and balky left foot. But when it was over, he was good enough to help lead the Denver Broncos to their third Super Bowl title as a complementary piece to the NFL’s No. 1 defense, the season culminating with a 24-10 win over the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50.

Manning retires as the only quarterback in league history to lead two franchises to Super Bowl titles.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/pey ... id=SL5MDHP
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Peyton Manning to retire after 18 NFL seasons

Post by GordonH »

He has had one heck of a career in NFL, coming back after neck injury was incredible.
Happy retirement Peyton
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

What a tough decision to make. Great career and coming back after injury that could have ended it years ago and moving from his comfort zone to another market, being sidelined again and having to accept being a back up for the first time??

Nicely done, well deserved and nothing but the best for one of the leagues all time best players and ambassadors.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

it's going to be strange seeing the Broncos without Peyton! i'm glad he left now though. it was perfect timing.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

It's going to be strange watching the NFL knowing that he isn`t playing somewhere.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

mexicalidreamer wrote:It's going to be strange watching the NFL knowing that he isn`t playing somewhere.

For myself it was like that with Brett Favre & Joe Montana. imo they should have retire from 1 team though
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”