Hidden & Baird Lakes

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
3068rocky

Hidden & Baird Lakes

Post by 3068rocky »

Has anyone ever been up to Hidden and Baird Lake? I am wondering about the state of the FSR. Have you gone beyond down to Mabel Lake Subdivision Rd? What was that like? Thanks
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: Hidden & Baird Lakes

Post by Bubalouie »

Hidden is an awesome place but go before summer as it can get stupid busy up there and on that note, does anyone know if the ice is off up there yet and how the road is?
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

I was up at Oyama lake last weekend. A ways away, but similar elevation or a little lower.

Lake was still covered in ice and people still felt confident enough to ice fish tho you wouldn't catch me out there. Road up had been plowed periodically during the winter (Fishing resort) and wasn't too bad. But any unplowed FSR up there is pretty much impassable at the moment unless you've got a very capable rig. I rode Oyama FSR for a while where it wasn't plowed (past Damer lake) as it was only plowed until the turnoff for Oyama lake and you could tell that no wheeled vehicle had passed through in months except for the 1st few hundred feet where you could see lots of evidence of people trying and getting stuck or turning around.

It's melting fast up there tho. My best guess - Hidden and Baird won't be accessible via truck for at least another couple of weeks and even then you'll want a 4x4 with good tires and recovery equipment. Last year I had trouble riding my ATV into Hidden during the 1st weekend of May. It was mostly clear, but still 2-3' of wet slushy snow in spots where it was shaded or had drifted.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Wonder if Hidden will be open next wekeend, the 23rd, was gonna take our trailer up and go fishing and camping.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”