The real story behind Tiger Woods’s downfall

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Ten or so years ago, when everyone was holding their breath, waiting to see if Tiger Woods would beat Jack Nicklaus’s record 18 majors wins, Woods himself had a very different goal top of mind. He wanted to be a SEAL. In 2006 and ’07, Woods was deep in training for the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) course, running 8 ½-minute miles in combat boots and going through insane simulation drills (e.g. standing in a room with a hood on his head and music blaring in his ears and then having to determine in a heartbeat if he had to fight or rescue the other people in the room).

“[Nicklaus’s] record,” writes ESPN’s Wright Thompson, “became something to break so he could chase something that truly mattered.”

Thompson’s 10,000-word story, “The Secret History of Tiger Woods,” delves into the years immediately following the death of Woods’s father, Earl, in May 2006, and argues that this loss was the beginning of Woods’s demise. His SEAL obsession came to life in the wake of Earl’s death—just 25 days after burying his father, Woods was in a SEAL training facility, shooting guns and clearing rooms in a “kill house”; he told one of the instructors he was there because of his dad, who had been a Green Beret in Vietnam.

Thompson also links Woods’s philandering—which many believe was his undoing—to Earl’s death. “In the months after the funeral, the extramarital affairs either began or intensified,” Thompson writes. Tiger was lost after losing his father, is the idea. He seemingly looked for him—or perhaps to prove something to him—in the toughest possible physical and mental regimen he could find. And he sought solace from his sadness by doing the very thing he hated his father for doing—being unfaithful to his wife.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/golf/th ... id=SL5MDHP
Poindexter
Guru

Re: The real story behind Tiger Woods’s downfall

Post by Poindexter »

Recall an interview with Earl in 2002 after Tiger had won the British Open in back to back years. He said, "my son will be remembered for more than just golf." Not only does it demonstrate a father who was impossible to please, it demonstrates his knack for prognostication.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

What I noticed about Tiger was his muscle growth (upper body), he would still do those crazy Tiger Woods english shots/from impossible spots.
I suspect his lower back & hips could not take extra torque.

Thats my take
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

Ever since his affair & divorce, add in his medical issues now this.
https://www.castanet.net/news/World/198 ... DUI-arrest

hopefully he banked a large amount of those earnings, his golf game is pretty well over. What a 4th back surgery now

He had it all then boom it comes crashing down
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

A second officer’s report confirmed Woods did blow a 0.000 on a breathalyzer test and complied with a requested urine test.

Late Monday, Woods issued a statement apologizing for the arrest, blaming it on an “unexpected reaction to prescribed medication,” and vowing to prevent something like this from happening again.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/police-re ... 52632.html
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

whitecandle wrote:A second officer’s report confirmed Woods did blow a 0.000 on a breathalyzer test and complied with a requested urine test.

Late Monday, Woods issued a statement apologizing for the arrest, blaming it on an “unexpected reaction to prescribed medication,” and vowing to prevent something like this from happening again.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/police-re ... 52632.html

Maybe I'm crazy this way, I always ask my Pharmacist about any possible reactions or interactions of meds I've been prescribed.
So I don't have any surprises
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

^^^I think most of us do that because we usually have one pharmacist filling our prescriptions. Articles about "stars" having reactions to drugs, etc. have more than one doctor prescribing painkillers, etc. and use whatever pharmacy is handy so there's no record of medication already prescribed.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

whitecandle wrote:^^^I think most of us do that because we usually have one pharmacist filling our prescriptions. Articles about "stars" having reactions to drugs, etc. have more than one doctor prescribing painkillers, etc. and use whatever pharmacy is handy so there's no record of medication already prescribed.

Yep, I've gone to same Pharmacy for years & same doctor for 25+ years.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Ka-El wrote:Ten or so years ago, when everyone was holding their breath, waiting to see if Tiger Woods would beat Jack Nicklaus’s record 18 majors wins, Woods himself had a very different goal top of mind. He wanted to be a SEAL. In 2006 and ’07, Woods was deep in training for the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) course, running 8 ½-minute miles in combat boots and going through insane simulation drills (e.g. standing in a room with a hood on his head and music blaring in his ears and then having to determine in a heartbeat if he had to fight or rescue the other people in the room).

That's insane.

Seems like a mental breakdown of sorts.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Unbelievable that he was behind the wheel of his car. He's lucky the police found him before an accident because things could have gotten a whole lot worse.

Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/204 ... -in-system

Wonder if he will ever be back on tour or should he just move over to senior tour.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

I feel for Tiger, it is all quite sad. God bless him.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Because_They_Lie wrote:I feel for Tiger, it is all quite sad. God bless him.

ya I feel terrible. the guy with a bank account of 8+figures turns into a drug addict and can afford an entire rehab facility (not just the room)

poor guy
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

gman313 wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:I feel for Tiger, it is all quite sad. God bless him.

ya I feel terrible. the guy with a bank account of 8+figures turns into a drug addict and can afford an entire rehab facility (not just the room)

poor guy

Money means nothing when the soul has been destroyed.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Google "Tiger Woods NAVY SEAL"

The guy went completely bonkers.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”