Camping/Hiking in Okanagan area

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: Camping/Hiking in Okanagan area

Post by Bubalouie »

Hedley has a couple of campgrounds that allow people with quads to camp there. One is called Riverhaven, can't remember the other.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

What kind of camping are you looking for? Out in the mountains/secluded or in an pay campground?

If you are looking for bush camping and quading the Okanagan is great. You can head up just about any forest service road, and come across multiple suitable campsites, spur roads, etc - most of which are surrounded by ATV trails. Seriously - pick a FSR and go for a drive - I'll bet you find 4 or 5 suitable sites within an afternoon of exploring.

Anything serviced will be much closer to town and suitable ATV riding trails would be hard to find. I'd recommend bear creek (across the street is Kelowna's only official off road vehicle park) if you can get in. That campground typically sells out the day they start taking reservations tho.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Buy one of these and go exploring. http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/backcou ... untry-maps We have an endless amount of quality camp spots in our area.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”