Fighting in baseball

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Fighting in baseball

Post by the truth »

http://www.tsn.ca/jays-fall-to-rangers- ... l-1.490128 and people have a problem with fighting in the nhl lol
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Fighting in baseball

Post by GordonH »

Eliminate dugout clearing, let the 2 get it out of their system (Ump's break it up once 1 of the 2 looks done). Its out of their system they can move on.
(as seen on the ice at NHL game)
Now that chippiness between Texas & Toronto will just continue until someone get hit in head with a ball at the plate.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Don't often see punches thrown in baseball bench clearing brawls but Odor's haymaker sure found the mark on Batista's chin. Imagine the league will suspend both but Odor will probably be gone for a while. Only wish the Rangers and Jays played each other more this season, a great rivalry is always fun.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dose-fight ... NlYwNzYw--
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Could meet in playoffs in the Fall.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Could meet in playoffs in the Fall.

We can only hope.
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

Poindexter wrote:Don't often see punches thrown in baseball bench clearing brawls but Odor's haymaker sure found the mark on Batista's chin. Imagine the league will suspend both but Odor will probably be gone for a while. Only wish the Rangers and Jays played each other more this season, a great rivalry is always fun.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dose-fight ... NlYwNzYw--

That punch looked like it could knock out an elephant, props to Bautista for staying on his feet
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Fighting in baseball often looks like kids on the playground. A lot of posturing and jersey grabbing but not much in the way of fist to face contact. Unless of course you're Pedro Martinez and the face is Don Zimmer. But hey! Don was already like 70 wasn't he?

And Pedro, well he was from the Dominican and they don't have that whole respect for elders thing.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Wow. Nice right. And Bautista must have a hard face because that would have knocked down and likely out a lot of guys.

That was one of the better brawls for sure.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

better than most ufc fights lately lol
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I'm guessing a 10 game suspension only because it may not be considered a sucker punch. Bautista had his arms up and the two were engaged unlike a player who walks up to a scrum of players and lays someone out. Still a pretty serious punch by mlb standards and Odor is lucky Bautista has a cement chin otherwise he could have been looking at closer to 20 games.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”