The first sport in Canada

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

The first sport in Canada

Postby AlexMartinez » Aug 9th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Hi guys, thinking about someday do a major degree in Canada, I want to ask, what should be the first sport that I need to get involve if I what to make some new friends?
I mean, for me is easy to adapt myself in a new place by joying to a non-formal activity. Here is football, what about Canada?
AlexMartinez

Liked in: 0 post

Re: The first sport in Canada

Postby gman313 » Aug 9th, 2016, 2:53 pm

AlexMartinez wrote:Hi guys, thinking about someday do a major degree in Canada, I want to ask, what should be the first sport that I need to get involve if I what to make some new friends?
I mean, for me is easy to adapt myself in a new place by joying to a non-formal activity. Here is football, what about Canada?

lots of rec hockey leagues in the winter and softball in the spring / summer / fall

sign up as a spare for softball - E league is very non competitive and more about having some beer and good times.

:130:

http://www.kelowna.ca/CM/Page4261.aspx

2 people like this post.
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1382 posts

Postby JayByrd » Aug 10th, 2016, 10:19 am

Recreational hockey isn't really an option if you've never played before. You'd have to be able to skate at the very least.

Softball, as gman said, is a good option.

There's also no shortage of footy leagues if that's your thing.

I used to know a guy who was in a Multisport league, years ago. They form teams, and play a different sport each week. They do compete in the standings, but it sounded like a pretty loose, fun activity.
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1404 posts

Postby AlexMartinez » Aug 10th, 2016, 10:58 am

That sounds pretty much what I was looking for, some beers and good times :) thanks!
AlexMartinez

Postby AlexMartinez » Aug 10th, 2016, 11:01 am

JayByrd wrote:Recreational hockey isn't really an option if you've never played before. You'd have to be able to skate at the very least.

Softball, as gman said, is a good option.

There's also no shortage of footy leagues if that's your thing.

I used to know a guy who was in a Multisport league, years ago. They form teams, and play a different sport each week. They do compete in the standings, but it sounded like a pretty loose, fun activity.

Yes!, totally I was thinking on play sports that wont get my leg break haha, I discarded hockey, I want to live at least 20 years more, [icon_lol2.gif] thank you for this information!
AlexMartinez

Postby the truth » Aug 14th, 2016, 2:37 pm

coed soccer, baseball ,hockey volleyball. :up: anything coed is always good if your single great way to meet people ,better then the computer or the pokemon game [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6314 posts

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors