NFL Colin Kaepernick/Kneeling football players

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL Colin Kaepernick

Post by GordonH »

I suspect if Colin had won more then he lost & helped the team make a playoff game in last 3 years, SF 49'ers would not really care about what he did or did not do during the anthem.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imo, i am not so sure about that, it will be interesting to see if another team picks him up

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/poll- ... s-protest/
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10817/kae ... nk-berrien he thinks he has the right to protest but has never voted , makes him a hypocrite in my books
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:imo, i am not so sure about that

I guess we will never know... how important winning the Vince Lombardi Trophy is to John Edward York (until SF 49'ers get competitive team together).

The closes Colin did was 1 year and got as far as NFC Championship Game and lost

Like I've said Colin most likely end his career as #2 or worse #3 QB, not because of any anthem thing.... because he not a #1 QB in the NFL.

NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 36
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

it will be interesting to see if a team even picks him up this summer
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:it will be interesting to see if a team even picks him up this summer

I suspect Colin will be off free agency about same time Johnny Manziel is, someone is always looking for #3 QB. lol

well for the right price
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Rumour has it a possible backup in Dallas... that would be a shocker.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Rumour has it a possible backup in Dallas... that would be a shocker.
of all places, wow i do not think the cowboy fans would like that imo
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I will make it a point to NEVER stand for ANY anthem at a sporting event..........why is it played? As far as Kaepernick goes, why would you give a S :cuss: T? Your absolutely right, he's paid to play football........the anthem has F :cuss: K ALL to do with it. A$$ backwards U.S.A..........the rednecks can have their apple pie and picket fences.........common sense be damned.

Just think........during all the wars the U.S. have been in..........all the enemy had to do was play the American national anthem..........easy pick'ens after that.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The players on the Cincinnati Bungles have sent a petition to the owner asking that Kaepernick be brought in.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:The players on the Cincinnati Bungles have sent a petition to the owner asking that Kaepernick be brought in.

Both Ohio teams could use something better then they currently have, since both Brown's & Bengal's are terrible. QB is only small part of the fix needed, if he no one to throw to (or protect him) then it's senseless to hire just a QB.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

bob vernon wrote:The players on the Cincinnati Bungles have sent a petition to the owner asking that Kaepernick be brought in.

Bengals would be suitable place for Kaepernick. Doesn't surprise me that a team with Pacman, Burfict, and Mixon would desire to sign a QB like him, but I can't find a story that supports this. Would be strange since they have Mccaron as the next franchise QB as backup. Do you have a link to your story?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who's been a strong supporter of the president, expressed "deep disappointment" with Trump on Sunday and said politicians could learn much from the unifying spirit of a competitive enterprise like professional football that succeeds from teamwork.

"I am deeply disappointed by the tone of the comments made by the President ...," Kraft said in a statement. "Our players are intelligent, thoughtful, and care deeply about our community and I support their right to peacefully affect social change and raise awareness in a manner that they feel is most impactful."

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#207386

Exactly
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

More NFL protests

UPDATE: 10:40 a.m.

NFL players used the U.S. national anthem to show their defiance to President Donald Trump's criticism, with an unprecedented number of players kneeling in protest and one team staying in the locker room.

Most teams in the early afternoon games locked arms in solidarity. At least three team owners joined their players.

More than 30 players knelt, the form of protest started last season by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Kaepernick is now a free agent, and supporters believe teams have avoided signing him because of his protest.

The Pittsburgh Steelers remained in the locker room as the national anthem played before their game with the Chicago Bears. Coach Mike Tomlin stood by himself on the sideline.

How each team would observe the national anthem emerged as the centre of attention on this NFL Sunday in the wake of Trump's critical remarks toward players who don't stand for the anthem.

Tomlin had said before the game that Pittsburgh's players would remain in the locker room and that "we're not going to let divisive times or divisive individuals affect our agenda." Tomlin added that the Steelers made this choice "not to be disrespectful to the anthem but to remove ourselves from this circumstance. People shouldn't have to choose."

Exactly!

ORIGINAL STORY: 8 a.m.

The owners of the Baltimore Ravens, the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and other teams on Sunday joined a chorus of NFL executives criticizing President Donald Trump's suggestion that they fire players who kneel for the national anthem.

The statements, from Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, contrasted a morning tweet from Trump and further escalated the political drama of the league's game day, which was expected to be one of the most-watched for non-sporting reasons in years.

Bisciotti said he "100 per cent" supports his players' decision to kneel during the national anthem. At least seven of them did, joined by more than a dozen Jacksonville Jaguars, before the teams played at Wembley Stadium in London.

Kraft, who has been a strong backer of the president, expressed "deep disappointment" with Trump and said politicians could learn much from the unifying spirit of a competitive, team-oriented enterprise like football.

"Our players are intelligent, thoughtful, and care deeply about our community and I support their right to peacefully affect social change and raise awareness in a manner that they feel is most impactful," Kraft said in a statement.

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick started the kneeling movement last year when he played for the San Francisco 49ers, refusing to stand during "The Star-Spangled Banner" to protest the treatment of black people by police. Kaepernick became a free agent and has not been signed by a new team for this season.

Without identifying Kaepernick, Trump aimed a Friday talk at a Huntsville, Alabama, rally at those players who have knelt for the anthem.

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, you'd say, 'Get that son of a *bleep* off the field right now. Out! He's fired,'" he said to loud applause.

Again in a Sunday morning tweet, Trump urged his supporters to take action: "If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!"

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/207 ... L-protests
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

It's spreading. Nobody did more to cause the spread of demonstrations during the anthem than Don did himself. He probably figured that he could put out this fire by pouring gasoline on it. And he assumed that the owners were all onside. Not all of them are. It's going to spread further. It's reaching into baseball now, and the World Series is just a month away.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”