NFL Colin Kaepernick/Kneeling football players

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL Colin Kaepernick

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:i read 6 to 10 weeks before Romo will be back. i think Dallas will want a good quarterback.

hey, speaking of that, i haven't heard anything about Johnny Manziel lately. he's probably available.

Johnny I suspect has worn out his welcome in NFL, he'd be lucky to be a ball boy.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ferri wrote:i read 6 to 10 weeks before Romo will be back. i think Dallas will want a good quarterback.

hey, speaking of that, i haven't heard anything about Johnny Manziel lately. he's probably available.

is he in jail or rehab at this time ??? [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

This is a league with a history of domestic abuse, rape, drug offences, gun violations, one guy even shot himself in a night club. The 49ers will issue a press release with him saying his heart's in the right place but made a poor decision and all will be forgiven within a year.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:This is a league with a history of domestic abuse, rape, drug offences, gun violations, one guy even shot himself in a night club. The 49ers will issue a press release with him saying his heart's in the right place but made a poor decision and all will be forgiven within a year.

Don't forget players who think they are indestructible i.e holding fireworks in their hands [icon_lol2.gif] I know I should not laugh about that one.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i have to post this. :D

Brady.jpg
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lol good one
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

and Cris Collinsworth nailed it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/co ... 1pqwr8dd24

Said Collinsworth: "Remember that free speech is about the government can't infringe on your free-speech right. It says nothing about an employer — and what they can do to your free speech right. You've got the right to say it. But if you're working for somebody, they have the right to do whatever they want as well."
― Albert Einstein
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Embattled NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick is getting support for his silent protest from an unlikely place: US military veterans.

http://www.businessinsider.com/veterans ... ick-2016-8

CrLrVDeUIAIepPD.jpg
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It will be interesting to see if 49'ers do anything, if so will NFLPA back Colin. Wait and see

Off topic
Hmm... wonder how Tebow is doing in/at baseball, he's no Bo. lol
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Cris is right. it's up to the 49ers to decide what to do with their employee.

i dunno how Tebow is doing! i saw some of his batting, running etc. yesterday, but i never did hear if anyone wanted him. lol

edited to add:

you had me curious so i looked. lol http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/09/0 ... efish.html
― Albert Einstein
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

He has every right to disrespect the flag and the anthem. People died for his freedom to do whatever he wants.

Doesn't mean his methods are being courteous to those same people though.

He's a joke for a number of reasons (stereotyping all cops by wearing socks with "pigs in police uniform" and for wearing a Fidel Castro shirt while talking about oppression)... but he can be a joke all he wants.

I don't respect his actions though.

oneh2obabe wrote:Embattled NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick is getting support for his silent protest from an unlikely place: US military veterans.

http://www.businessinsider.com/veterans ... ick-2016-8

One thing that gets lost in everyone bringing this up though, is the age issue. The people who are defending him are almost all "young" veterans. It's people for the most part, currently serving and who don't have the same morals, ethics and values that us "older" people have.

There was a time where you were raised to respect soldiers, the flag, the anthem, etc... no matter what. You took off your hat for the anthem. You didn't talk. You faced the flag. And so on...

Young people today don't do any of this. They drink beer and act like *bleep*. They wear their hat and don't even pay attention. It's a different world.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Colin Kaepernick didn't vote in the election, and some people are furious

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-kaepe ... m-have-it/
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferry wrote:Colin Kaepernick didn't vote in the election, and some people are furious

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-kaepe ... m-have-it/

Who was he to vote for.... dumber1 or dumber2, I could not vote any of those running for President. Worst Presidential line up of candidates ever.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

there were a lot of people that wrote someone in. not enough to matter, but...lol

i know, it was a rough one. he shouldn't have answered that question. LOL "None of your business!" :D

edited to add:

i'm also ticked off because i wanted to watch the 49er's/Cardinal's game and they are showing a different one. :cuss:
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So ferri which will you be watching tonight:
60 Minutes interview with Trump & Family or
Seahawk at Patriots

Hmmm...... for me that's trough one.... not :laugh:

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”