NFL Colin Kaepernick/Kneeling football players

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: NFL Colin Kaepernick

Post by lesliepaul »

Now, I would love nothing better than to see 1/2 the people in the stands NOT STANDING for the anthem. All of this descension in the U.S. is building up and there is only one to blame for it escalating the way it is...........*removed* HEAD TRUMP. How so many Americans can by into his verbal *removed* and ignorance is utterly amazing.
Last edited by ferri on Sep 26th, 2017, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word censor workaround
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

http://www.tsn.ca/kaepernick-says-he-d- ... w-1.878942 well well guess colin needs more money
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Knowing there are 8 teams with only 1 win or less, you would think 1 of those teams would take a chance give him 1 year minimum $$$ league contract.
Can't get much worse then it already is for those teams.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the real question, have the nfl owners blackballed kaepernick
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

the truth wrote:the real question, have the nfl owners blackballed kaepernick

I guess they blackballed me too, because they won't sign me either.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

GordonH wrote:Doesn't matter what I think, what does matter he has the right to his opinion and to voice his concerns and opinions. Not be jailed or persecuted for voicing those things, everyone has right to agree or disagree with him.

On his own time, yes. Most employers don`t take kindly to you pulling grandstanding stunts while on their time.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Doesn't matter what I think, what does matter he has the right to his opinion and to voice his concerns and opinions. Not be jailed or persecuted for voicing those things, everyone has right to agree or disagree with him.

Mark5 wrote:
On his own time, yes. Most employers don`t take kindly to you pulling grandstanding stunts while on their time.

Interesting since he (Colin Kaepernick) has not played game this season. It appears numerous players, coaching staff & those owners you mentioned (employers) have been protesting at games this season.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Mark5 wrote:

Most employers will look the other way if your job performance is putting millions into their pockets.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Aaron Rogers is most likely gone for the season, would GBP look at Colin.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:Aaron Rogers is most likely gone for the season, would GBP look at Colin.

Packers already have two QB's with more talent.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup............. :smt045
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Aaron Rogers is most likely gone for the season, would GBP look at Colin.

johnny24 wrote:Packers already have two QB's with more talent.

This past weekend when Aaron went down, his replacement did not get the job done.
Next up for GBP is the Saints, they would win with a healthy Aaron.... lets see how the backup does.

Meanwhile in same division currently tied atop is Minnesota, they get Baltimore.
Kareem a-Weet

Kneeling football players

Post by Kareem a-Weet »

I have the perfect solution to this: Those who kneel for the US national anthem are benched for the game. Simple. If all but 3 players kneel, then that team only lets 3 players play. If they lose the game, tough.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Kneeling football players

Post by Bsuds »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68920

Thanks! I've merged the topics/ferri
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Re: Kneeling football players

Post by GordonH »

Kareem a-Weet wrote:I have the perfect solution to this: Those who kneel for the US national anthem are benched for the game. Simple. If all but 3 players kneel, then that team only lets 3 players play. If they lose the game, tough.

Like it or not, they have the right to protest and there nothing anyone can do about it. Owner of Texans did not help any by his comments.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”