NFL Colin Kaepernick/Kneeling football players

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Kneeling football players

Post by alanjh595 »

Kareem a-Weet wrote:I have the perfect solution to this: Those who kneel for the US national anthem are benched for the game. Simple. If all but 3 players kneel, then that team only lets 3 players play. If they lose the game, tough.

I like that idea.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: NFL Colin Kaepernick/Kneeling football players

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I wonder how many other companies will follow?

Papa John's says anthem protests are hurting deal with NFL

Executives from Papa John's, the official pizza company of the NFL, expressed disappointment on a conference call Wednesday about the league's ongoing player protests during the national anthem.

"The NFL has hurt us," company founder and CEO John Schnatter said. "We are disappointed the NFL and its leadership did not resolve this."

Executives said the company has pulled much of its NFL television advertising and that the NFL has responded by giving the company additional future spots.

"Leadership starts at the top, and this is an example of poor leadership," Schnatter said, noting he thought the issue had been "nipped in the bud" a year and a half ago.

In revising sales estimates for the next quarter, Papa John's president and chief operating officer Steve Ritchie said on the call that the NFL deal was the primary suspect behind the decline and that "we expect it to persist unless a solution is put in place."

More here:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2125 ... m-protests
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

:up: good for papa john's
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Having been an NFL fan since the 60's, with the 70's and 80's being the best years (my opinion) I am becoming less interested and am truly fed up with the league. GREED and an attitude that the NFL as a BIG business can do whatever it wants is becoming sickening. MONEY is everything at all costs. Mark Cuban said it best............"the NFL are pigs..........and pigs get slaughtered". Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 3 years and the upcoming NFLPA negotiations.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:Having been an NFL fan since the 60's, with the 70's and 80's being the best years (my opinion) I am becoming less interested and am truly fed up with the league. GREED and an attitude that the NFL as a BIG business can do whatever it wants is becoming sickening. MONEY is everything at all costs. Mark Cuban said it best............"the NFL are pigs..........and pigs get slaughtered". Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 3 years and the upcoming NFLPA negotiations.

This could be said about the other professional leagues:
MLB
NBA
NHL
given time MLS

Only professional league in NA this can't be said of is the CFL, simply because they will never have the resources those others have.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

ferri wrote:I wonder how many other companies will follow?

Papa John's says anthem protests are hurting deal with NFL

Executives from Papa John's, the official pizza company of the NFL, expressed disappointment on a conference call Wednesday about the league's ongoing player protests during the national anthem.

"The NFL has hurt us," company founder and CEO John Schnatter said. "We are disappointed the NFL and its leadership did not resolve this."

Executives said the company has pulled much of its NFL television advertising and that the NFL has responded by giving the company additional future spots.

"Leadership starts at the top, and this is an example of poor leadership," Schnatter said, noting he thought the issue had been "nipped in the bud" a year and a half ago.

In revising sales estimates for the next quarter, Papa John's president and chief operating officer Steve Ritchie said on the call that the NFL deal was the primary suspect behind the decline and that "we expect it to persist unless a solution is put in place."

More here:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2125 ... m-protests

Ah, so the CEO thinks people get so angry when players kneel that they decide they are going to keep watching games, but they all get together and decide to stop buying pizza. They all decide that pizza hut is not to blame, just papa john's:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742 ... hns-claims
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I don't remember ever seeing Pizza Hut ads during football games. It's always Papa John's.
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Usually if I have pizza with football, it's Panago.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Papa John's ads usually feature football players too, like Peyton Manning (He is part owner) and I think JJ Watt has been in a few.
― Albert Einstein
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

GordonH wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:Having been an NFL fan since the 60's, with the 70's and 80's being the best years (my opinion) I am becoming less interested and am truly fed up with the league. GREED and an attitude that the NFL as a BIG business can do whatever it wants is becoming sickening. MONEY is everything at all costs. Mark Cuban said it best............"the NFL are pigs..........and pigs get slaughtered". Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 3 years and the upcoming NFLPA negotiations.

This could be said about the other professional leagues:
MLB
NBA
NHL
given time MLS

Only professional league in NA this can't be said of is the CFL, simply because they will never have the resources those others have.

The NFL is head and shoulders beyond the rest of the professional leagues (FIFA being the largest corrupt organization) for greed and thinking they are above the law. Like I said..........things are going to come to a head with all of their issues and CTE WILL be their downfall eventually.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

ferri wrote:I don't remember ever seeing Pizza Hut ads during football games. It's always Papa John's.

I don't think anyone associates either business with the NFL. It's absurd to think that if someone really wants a pizza from either place, the thought of players kneeling in the NFL will stop them.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you sure about that, were talking about the usa here
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

the truth wrote:you sure about that, were talking about the usa here

I've read lots of comments on social media about the NFL protests. A lot of comments have been directed in both directions, but not once have I read a comment that someone is upset with Papa John's over this. They are much more upset with Papa John's for his support for Trump, and for his comments on healthcare:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bu ... r/1566364/
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Many people in and around the NFL are going to blame the players recent actions of "protesting" but the NFL's problems run much deeper than that. I am willing to bet that Republicans make up the larger fan base of the NFL, and with that you get the Trump supporters that are too stupid to understand very much other than "apple pie, white picket fences and guns.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”