ATV Trail Barricaded

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

ATV Trail Barricaded

Post by TylerM4 »

Came across this barricade about 5km up Oyama FSR.

As an ATV enthusuast I'd like to say "Thanks" to whoever put it up. :130:

No, I'm not being sarcastic. Whomever put this barricade up obviously had rider safty in mind. There must be 40+ ribbons hanging there. Not to mention the rocks and the bright yellow sign to grab rider attention.

While it sucks to have trails closed (this one crossed private property) I really appreciate the safety. I can find a new trail, I can't sew my head back on.
Attachments
Barricade.jpg
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: ATV Trail Barricaded

Post by kgcayenne »

It's good of you to respect the barricade and acknowledge that it is private property, on which I'm certain the owner does not want to find an injured rider.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

kgcayenne wrote:It's good of you to respect the barricade and acknowledge that it is private property, on which I'm certain the owner does not want to find an injured rider.

Always. Doesn't need to be barricaded. A simple "No tresspassing" sign is all it takes to turn me around.

Unfortunaely, It does seem to take a barricade like pictured above before you can actually turn around all traffic as for some stupid reason many motocross/ATV riders seem to think it's OK to ride on private property without permission.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I think there's a new owner of that property, as he seems to be doing quite a bit of work and fencing there to protect what's his from people who chose to ride right past the no trespassing signs that were/are there.

I'd do the same thing. Good on him for marking it well.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

it is great to see a very responsible property owner and his respect to rider safety. I have seen many pics and videos of horrifying things done to riders. It is also great to see people respecting peoples privet property. the owner has gone above and beyond with making sure people see that it is now blocked off:).
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I saw that also, I commend the land-owner for their due diligence in their
wish to both protect their property and the well being of others personal safety.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”