Hunting near Kelowna

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
4 silverback

Hunting near Kelowna

Post by 4 silverback »

New to area & was hoping to find some areas I can try whitetail deer hunting. Don't expect your hot spots just some general
areas & roads I can try, thanks
Baulde

Re: Hunting near Kelowna

Post by Baulde »

Most any forestry Road, but there are a lot of road hunters and the whitetails here spook easy. Best bet is find an out of the way place test with cameras and then if you see activity hunker down in a blind before dawn or dusk.

There is a lot of crown land in the area, just check you don't cross into private.
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

Crystal Mountain - hang a right at the pond and just keep driving......
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The east side of Okanagan Lake is probably your best bet, although more and more whitetails are showing up on the west side, too.

Best action comes in November when the bucks are rutting and start to roam around a bit more - I find it one of the most exciting times to be out there, never knowing when a buck may cross my path.

The antlerless season in October(10 - 31) can be good too, but the does have wised up considerably and tend to stick to the bush more than they used to, and they haven't bunched up yet because there's no snow.

But, any time is a good time to be hunting instead of working or putting up with city slickers! :up:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”