Chute Lake...

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Chute Lake...

Postby Ptolemy Soter » Nov 7th, 2016, 12:51 pm

Alright, I'm not familiar with Chute Lake, nor the apply named road leading to it. I'd like to visit the area around there some time, but I'm a bit confused with the road. I went to scout it out, and apparently it's a Crown Range Improvement site. There's a sign at the cattleguard saying that it's for authorized use only. Does anyone know if just anyone can drive it? What's the story?

Any input is appreciated.
I am... the law!
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Liked in: 140 posts

Re: Chute Lake...

Postby kgcayenne » Nov 7th, 2016, 1:15 pm

There are a dam and water licences on it, as well as leased lots around it. I would respect any signs posted.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 3882 posts

Postby Ptolemy Soter » Nov 7th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I heard somewhere that there was decent hiking around there, but that's alright if it's out of bounds.
I am... the law!
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Postby Relentless » Nov 8th, 2016, 1:22 am

Ptolemy Soter wrote:Alright, I'm not familiar with Chute Lake, nor the apply named road leading to it. I'd like to visit the area around there some time, but I'm a bit confused with the road. I went to scout it out, and apparently it's a Crown Range Improvement site. There's a sign at the cattleguard saying that it's for authorized use only. Does anyone know if just anyone can drive it? What's the story?

Any input is appreciated.

You can drive to Chute Lake from Kelowna using Gillard Forest Service Road to Km 9 which is the old KVR line. Turn right on the old rail bed and you will follow this until you hit Chute Lake some 12 kms later. The road is rough, full of potholes in places, so take your time and you'll be fine. I'm thinking you maybe went up from the Naramata side and saw the sign by the cattle guard that leads to the Chute Lake Lodge, they deactivated the bypass road that goes around the lodge, and now you have to drive past the Lodge.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 483 posts

Postby Ptolemy Soter » Nov 8th, 2016, 6:04 pm

Initially, I took the road that starts in Upper Mission area, where they're still building houses. There was a log house before the cattle guard.

Anyways, I'll be taking the route that you suggested. Thank you.
I am... the law!
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors