San Jose Sharks online shedule is offensive

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

San Jose Sharks online shedule is offensive

Post by occasional thoughts »

How could a team's schedule of games be offensive, eh?

So I found myself doing google on the SJS schedule tonight (Nov. 14) because I'm going to be in that area in January and I thought I might take in a game. Up pops the schedule and it is headlined "United States of America". Yep, good ol' San Jose is in the US of A alright, but when I went down the list of games it was all American teams.

Way down at the bottom on another page was another list, something like "Games in Other Countries". Surprise, surprise, the Canadian teams. Vaguely somehow I found it disturbing if not offensive.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: San Jose Sharks online shedule is offensive

Post by occasional thoughts »

I took another look to verify what I thought I saw and I now see that it is the Ticketmaster site for San Jose Sharks games. I don't feel any different, but it's not the Sharks' own site.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

They list dates for hockey teams the same way they list them for touring bands. Since it's an American site, the American dates are listed first, as that's probably what the majority of the that site's users are looking for. Should you be after tickets to non-US events, those are listed separately.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

There next home game against a Canadian team is December 02 with Montreal then December 07 against Ottawa then Calgary on December 20th etc.... etc
https://www.nhl.com/sharks/schedule/2016-11-01/PT

Added: As for January there are only 2 homes against Canadian clubs Winnipeg on January 16 or Edmonton on January 26
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”