Laine vs Matthews

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Laine vs Matthews

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:One of these two players, Matthews or Laine will be the first in NHL's history to win the Calder Trophy two years in a row.

There is 1 huge problem to your plan, Calder is awarded to a player in his first year in the League. Once he is in his second year he is ineligible for the Calder aka Rookie of the Year.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

GordonH wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:One of these two players, Matthews or Laine will be the first in NHL's history to win the Calder Trophy two years in a row.

There is 1 huge problem to your plan, Calder is awarded to a player in his first year in the League. Once he is in his second year he is ineligible for the Calder aka Rookie of the Year.

Jim Ralph, color commentator for the Maple Leafs radio broadcast was on TSN's "Leafs Lunch" yesterday talking about how when Daniel Alfredsson won the Calder Trophy he talked him into going with a gag by asking him that same question about winning back to back Calder Trophies. Well, I guess that radio interview got back to Sweden and all the hockey people there thought Ralph was some stupid reporter who didn't know a sniff about hockey. Ralph, said he learnt his lesson not to be so silly any more. But I had to admire his sense of humour which kind of rubbed off on me on a lesser degree, I think.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ now here is a possibility winning the Calder this season & Art Ross next season.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”