Traction Aids for Running

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Traction Aids for Running

Post by gman313 »

Hi All,

I started running in Feb and absolutely love it. Lost 85 lbs. I go early mornings and ran every other day up to Xmas holidays.

I haven't gone since then as I don't want to break my neck in on the ice. But I'm gonna get fat again and I'm missing the running so....

Looking for recommendations some sort of ice cleat. I need to be able to run on snow, ice and then normal sidewalk/road where the ice is cleared.

Suggestions?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Traction Aids for Running

Post by GordonH »

^^^ sorry no help on traction issue. Just congratulations on the weight loss :up:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Have you tried going to the Running Room in Orchard Plaza? They may have something, or at least some recommendations!
hail Satan y'all
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

There are strap-on traction aids. You could try The Running Room or Atmosphere: https://www.atmosphere.ca/categories/ge ... &x4=gender
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

My sister in law in Calgary runs using the ice cleats from Costco. 13 bucks.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

whatwhat wrote:Have you tried going to the Running Room in Orchard Plaza? They may have something, or at least some recommendations!

Thanks everyone

Funny I did and the guy talked me out of it last night. Said run on a treadmill lol

I went on the road this morning at 5 with no traffic and no problem

honestly the waterfront trail is fine because its hardpacked snow. Once it warms and refreezes it will be ice.

Happy running!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”