Gps units

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
gsc
Board Meister

Gps units

Post by gsc »

Im looking to get some input on gps units. I am looking for one i can take in our side by sides and map out our trips, points of intrest stuff like that. I have never really had one and just went with friends ad stuff. What would you recommend and why?
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Re: Gps units

Post by skydawg »

I have used the Montana for several years. decent size touch screen. Can add custom maps, topo maps, BC backroads maps. good battery life also.
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

I've heard good things about the Montana!

I've been using an etrex 20 on my mountain bike since 2014 without any issues. It's a bit of a pain to setup, but online tutorials help and once you have it setup the way you like it it's a nice little unit. For a map, I use ones from http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ which are free and use open street map data. With the backlight off, the batteries seem to last forever. :biggrin:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

See u tomorrow
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Well i got one and am gonna try it out. A few people i talked to said they loved this one so we will see. Its a garmin 64s.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

gsc wrote:Well i got one and am gonna try it out. A few people i talked to said they loved this one so we will see. Its a garmin 64s.

Good unit, quite similar functions as the montana. I just cant stand the map scrolling small screens with the selector button. Let me know if you want maps
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Ill send you a pm right now

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”