2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs ROUND 2

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.

Round 2 picks

Poll ended at Apr 29th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Pittsburgh or
19%
Washington
5%
Ottawa or
21%
New York
5%
St. Louis or
2%
Nashville
21%
Edmonton or
24%
Anaheim
2%

Total votes: 42

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs ROUND 2

Post by Queen K »

Edmonton Oilers squeezing the He :cuss: ll out of the Anahiem Ducks! Good one Vegas! :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Pittsburgh is up 2 games to none, Washington needs to win game 3 or possibly be swept.

With their Cap issues (Washington that is) next years team will be much different.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Pittsburgh is up 2 games to none, Washington needs to win game 3 or possibly be swept.

With their Cap issues (Washington that is) next years team will be much different.

yup, its this year or not at all for them, kind of like vancouver a few years ago
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ At least Vancouver has made it to Stanley Cup Finals more then once in their history (has never won), Washington did it once in 1998.
Winning the President Cup is not necessarily a good thing. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

its the cup or nothing,that's for sure
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Sidney is out of the line up for Pittsburgh with concussion due to cross check to head (accidental) in last nights game. Game 4 for sure, could be longer.

OV wack to his back may have caused Sidney to go down.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Sidney is out of the line up for Pittsburgh with concussion due to cross check to head (accidental) in last nights game. Game 4 for sure, could be longer.

OV wack to his back may have caused Sidney to go down.

ov's slash was dirty for sure,the reason crosby is out for sure, imo you hurt are guy we hurt your guy, pitt's players should hit ov clean and hard until he is done as dinner
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ before Pittsburgh tries the tenderizing of OV, I'd rather see them out score & out goal tend Washington. Then move on to Eastern final against Ottawa.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I'm not one to blame the refs but I can't believe the ducks first goal counted
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Frisk wrote:I'm not one to blame the refs but I can't believe the ducks first goal counted

Or their second and forth goals either. The he ducks didn't win that game, the refs did.
Last edited by Walking Wounded on May 4th, 2017, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Deleted
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:I'm not one to blame the refs but I can't believe the ducks first goal counted

Walking Wounded wrote:Or their second and forth goals either. The he ducks didn't win that game, the refs did.

Good & bad calls happen in hockey, best thing for the team (who had the bad call go against them) to do is to throw wrench into mix by out scoring other team.

this takes the refereeing out of the picture
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Edmonton Oilers fans are playing the blame game after the loss in game 4 on home ice. They've blamed the refs, Zac Kassian, and the coaching staff. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 4th, 2017, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No politics in the sports section, PLEASE! :)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Canadian teams don't have the killer instinct unlike Pen's & Pred's do, they are both 3 & 1 and could end there series in next game. Other 2 series are tied at 2 games each.

Both Edmonton & Ottawa have aloud there opponents back into series after being up 2 games to none.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

GordonH wrote: Both Edmonton & Ottawa have aloud there opponents back into series after being up 2 games to none.

The Edmonton one is worse because Edmonton won both games on the road which you think would have given them an advantage heading home, but apparently not. While as the Sens vs Rangers series, all the wins have been at home.
Life is too sho......

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”