Hunting season

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
gsc
Board Meister

Hunting season

Post by gsc »

Well this years hunting season should be intresting to say the leaset.

With how hot its been and how thick the smoke was i am curious how the wildlife took it.

We have kept our side by sides parked almost all summer. We have also stayed away from the bush all together due to fires.

I am also wondering how this will all effect hunting season. It opens september 1st for bow but how many peopleare actually gonna go.

Also with the ban on right now who knows when hunting season will actually start.

On a side note what tags did people buy.
I got
1 moose tag
1 black bear tag
2 white tale
1 mule deer
I will also be going for a wolf.
KTM Kid

Re: Hunting season

Post by KTM Kid »

I think with the current state of the bush, it's best to defer the upcoming season till things improve. Hard enough on the deer when they're chased by flames, let alone pursued by hunters.
If that means postponing into late fall and cutting the openings short, or even looking forward to Fall 2018 season, so be it. It's tough but gives the game a chance to recover in some of these areas.
It's too bad, was really looking forward to my first bow hunting season.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

KTM Kid wrote:I think with the current state of the bush, it's best to defer the upcoming season till things improve. Hard enough on the deer when they're chased by flames, let alone pursued by hunters.
If that means postponing into late fall and cutting the openings short, or even looking forward to Fall 2018 season, so be it. It's tough but gives the game a chance to recover in some of these areas.
It's too bad, was really looking forward to my first bow hunting season.

What do you shoot? I'm an aspiring bow hunter. I have my bow but need my CORE.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
KTM Kid

Post by KTM Kid »

JLives wrote:What do you shoot? I'm an aspiring bow hunter. I have my bow but need my CORE.

PSE Stinger X :)
First year trying to hunt with it. Usually hunt with a .30-06
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I'm not to sure what flames the deer have been running from in this area, the only real fire has been in joe rich hunting season will go on as usual
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hunting season may open September 1st but it will be difficult or impossible for some without their ATV's and the high temperatures won't help.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

It's so overhunted around Kelowna, I'm amazed there's still an any buck season for mulies. The males don't have a chance at getting stomper-sized unless they live in city limits, usually spotted picking my backyard clean, like their own personal salad bar.

That said, I will be out there with boots on next week.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

But I prefer late season, when you can hike without dripping sweat, and have a good bonfire going.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If bow hunting you're likely in snow and hiking in that can work up a sweat.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

JLives wrote:
What do you shoot? I'm an aspiring bow hunter. I have my bow but need my CORE.

I was just invited by a friend to go hunting up north of Fort Nelson... I have to stop procrastinating to get my CORE as well! As in this month!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The deer population needs both of you. Seriously overrun with deer out there.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

I hunt all over and dont plan on going near the big white/joerich area. I will be in reagin 8 in spots and 5 along with possibly heading north for a bit.

I also want to try bow hunting and am looking for a nice bow. Just waiting to sell one of my fishsing boats or find the right trade for a bow haha. Then i gotta practice lol next year maybe.

This year ill be useing my new tikka t3 hunter 300 win for hunting. I still gotta get it all sited in but havent yet due to all the fire bans and the range i am a member of being closed.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

KTM Kid wrote:
PSE Stinger X :)
First year trying to hunt with it. Usually hunt with a .30-06

I have the same one. It's a great bow. I love shooting it. Time to take it in to get the weight dialed up though.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Im still looking around for a bow :)
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

gsc wrote:Well this years hunting season should be intresting to say the leaset.

With how hot its been and how thick the smoke was i am curious how the wildlife took it.

We have kept our side by sides parked almost all summer. We have also stayed away from the bush all together due to fires.

I am also wondering how this will all effect hunting season. It opens september 1st for bow but how many peopleare actually gonna go.

Also with the ban on right now who knows when hunting season will actually start.

On a side note what tags did people buy.
I got
1 moose tag
1 black bear tag
2 white tale
1 mule deer
I will also be going for a wolf.

Asking with all sincerity and zero judgement - why will you be going for a wolf? Locally?

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”