Hunting season

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Woodenhead
Guru

Re: Hunting season

Post by Woodenhead »

Season open now? Or just target practice? Guns going off near the High Rim Trail towards James Lake today. Hope whoever it was didn't take a vehicle in...
Your bias suits you.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Bunnyhop wrote:
gsc wrote:Well this years hunting season should be intresting to say the leaset.

With how hot its been and how thick the smoke was i am curious how the wildlife took it.

We have kept our side by sides parked almost all summer. We have also stayed away from the bush all together due to fires.

I am also wondering how this will all effect hunting season. It opens september 1st for bow but how many peopleare actually gonna go.

Also with the ban on right now who knows when hunting season will actually start.

On a side note what tags did people buy.
I got
1 moose tag
1 black bear tag
2 white tale
1 mule deer
I will also be going for a wolf.

Asking with all sincerity and zero judgement - why will you be going for a wolf? Locally?

I have a few reasons haha
I want the meat also the hide. I know many people don't eat the meat but I would like to try.
I also have friends that could use the meat.
KTM Kid

Post by KTM Kid »

Gilchy wrote:It's so overhunted around Kelowna, I'm amazed there's still an any buck season for mulies. The males don't have a chance at getting stomper-sized unless they live in city limits, usually spotted picking my backyard clean, like their own personal salad bar.

Came across this 4x5 down by Sunset Dr.
Nice little buck, wish I could see more of these guys in the bush where it counts ;)
Attachments
20170901_210337.jpg
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Beautiful to see. Thank you for sharing
sulchie
Fledgling

Post by sulchie »

I really hope this offroading ban ends soon. Although it has been peaceful with no machines ripping up the mountains.
Postillgirl

HUNTING * Anyone know anything about the bush opening up

Post by Postillgirl »

I was just curious if anyone has heard anything about the bush opening again?
Also does anyone know if you are allowed to drive a quad on FSR as long as you don't go off of the road?
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: HUNTING * Anyone know anything about the bush opening up

Post by TylerM4 »

Postillgirl wrote:I was just curious if anyone has heard anything about the bush opening again?
Also does anyone know if you are allowed to drive a quad on FSR as long as you don't go off of the road?

No word on the bush opening up, but I suspect it'll be fairly soon given the recent weather conditions, the date, and the current forecast.

Yes you can ride a motor vehicle (including ATV) on a FSR as a FSR is considered a roadway.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

The bush is not closed
Postillgirl

Post by Postillgirl »

skydawg wrote:The bush is not closed

I don't know how you figure that...but it is, and has been for awhile.
Postillgirl

Post by Postillgirl »

TylerM4 wrote:
Postillgirl wrote:I was just curious if anyone has heard anything about the bush opening again?

No word on the bush opening up, but I suspect it'll be fairly soon given the recent weather conditions, the date, and the current forecast.

Yes you can ride a motor vehicle (including ATV) on a FSR as a FSR is considered a roadway.

Thanks!!
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

This was what I found.

Off-Road Vehicles

Effective at noon Pacific time on Friday, Aug. 4, 2017, the operation of any off-road vehicle for recreational purposes on Crown land was prohibited throughout the Cariboo Fire Centre, Kamloops Fire Centre and Southeast Fire Centre. In addition, all on-highway vehicles were required to remain on defined road surfaces.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

sulchie wrote:I really hope this offroading ban ends soon. Although it has been peaceful with no machines ripping up the mountains.

I'm sure it will just needs a few more good rain falls. It's still pretty dry even with the bit of rain we had and the cooler weather
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Postillgirl wrote:
skydawg wrote:The bush is not closed

I don't know how you figure that...but it is, and has been for awhile.

Depends where
62silverado

Post by 62silverado »

Any you archers know of a good site for selling archery gear locally, full package.
Thanks
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

62silverado wrote:Any you archers know of a good site for selling archery gear locally, full package.
Thanks

Pm me haha

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”