Women's Winter Olympic Hockey

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Women's Winter Olympic Hockey

Post by GordonH »

rookie314 wrote:The US was the better team. Faster, more aggressive. Canada spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get out of their own end.

Unfortunately you are correct.
Hockey Canada needs to get the same skills training as they do with boys program in this country. Get that same program into the girls hockey, from coast to coast to coast.
Since most hitting is not allowed, size is not as important as speed, skill & the big one heart. What I seen last night is they place to much on 1 player, that being the goaltender.
True, Shannon Szabados is hell of a good goalie.

4 years from now it will be on again in Beijing.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and hopefully 4 years after that in calgary again :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Congratulations to US on your gold medal victory.

As I've before, I'm not a fan/supporter of the shootout.... leave it to soccer field.

Added: the goal that US scored to tie up the game in 3rd period, was huge line change mistake by Canada.

we lost :cry: but i still love the shootout
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Very exciting game, unfortunately the US team out played us in the 3rd and OT
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

rookie314 wrote:The US was the better team. Faster, more aggressive. Canada spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get out of their own end.

You nailed it, they just couldn't handle the US forcheck. How many shifts were spent simply struggling to get it out, only to dump it into thier end for a line change? US had them back on thier heels for most of the 3rd and OT periods.

Have to hand it to the Americans, while it hurts to loose to them, I can't say the win was undeserving. Great hockey though, wish there was more of it.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

So I have to chime in....

When they handed out the medals, one of the Canadian girls took her medal off, and refused to wear it. To me, that's just bad sportsman ship (or as JT would say sportspeople ship).

Would she get reprimanded over that?

I understand being upset, but they played a great game against a team that was a little bet better. No shame in that. I know, I know... you win Gold, you win Bronze, you lose Silver, but still... that was disgraceful.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Tony wrote:So I have to chime in....

When they handed out the medals, one of the Canadian girls took her medal off, and refused to wear it. To me, that's just bad sportsman ship (or as JT would say sportspeople ship).

Would she get reprimanded over that?

I understand being upset, but they played a great game against a team that was a little bet better. No shame in that. I know, I know... you win Gold, you win Bronze, you lose Silver, but still... that was disgraceful.

She at least held on to the medal, unlike the Swedish player at World Juniors (begining of last month) who threw his silver medal over glass into seats.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”