2018 Winter Olympics

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
onestop67
Guru

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics

Post by onestop67 »

Snman wrote:Our local gal Serwa and Canadian team mate Phelin finish 1 and 2 in ski cross to take Gold and Silver!! Congratulations ladies, very well done.

Thank you for posting results.

Kelly Serwa from Kelowna just won the Gold!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

After one period the Germans have a one zip lead over Canada. Canada looks brutal. Nothing to show for 3 powerplays, took a penalty for second man tossed in the face off circle and Robinson must have set a record for turnovers. Germany has a lot of Canadian coaching and they are better so far. Let's go boys!!

7 minutes into second, 3 zip Germany. Uh oh.

A gallant effort in the 3rd but too little too late. Sorry boys, go get the bronze.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Holy smokes, our curling teams sure $&!+ the bed. They sucked big time. Can't understand how they even made it to the Olympics. Men's hockey team kind of sucked too. Canada is falling way behind the rest of world in hockey. The Americans are actually better than us now. Luckily we have a lot of women who are great skiers and boarders.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

techrtr wrote:Holy smokes, our curling teams sure $&!+ the bed. They sucked big time. Can't understand how they even made it to the Olympics. Men's hockey team kind of sucked too. Canada is falling way behind the rest of world in hockey. The Americans are actually better than us now. Luckily we have a lot of women who are great skiers and boarders.

Canada's best was still playing in the NHL. Americans did a lot worse than Canada did.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Its great we have had the most Medals for Canada at the winter Olympics, but without winning a Gold in Curling or Hockey it just doesn't feel the same. I guess maybe we have always been spoiled in the past and feel these are guaranteed medals. Teams seem to be getting better and a part of that is I think Canadians are starting to coach other teams.
Life is too sho......
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Canadian curlers got their butts handed to them. Dang, that's gotta smart.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

jaz301 wrote:Its great we have had the most Medals for Canada at the winter Olympics, but without winning a Gold in Curling or Hockey it just doesn't feel the same. I guess maybe we have always been spoiled in the past and feel these are guaranteed medals. Teams seem to be getting better and a part of that is I think Canadians are starting to coach other teams.

Rather have it this way than curling and hockey being the only sports we medal in. Shows we're finally spending time and money in sports that the rest of the world plays. Was embarrassing growing up watching countries half our size beat us in every sport, and we'd win in the two sports that no other country cares about.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Snman wrote:Canadian curlers got their butts handed to them. Dang, that's gotta smart.

impo it to long of a stretch from winning the right to represent Canada at the Olympics and the first actual game at the Olympics.
For our curling teams to stay on top of their game, they need to play competitive games between the 2 events.
This year it was from early of December to early February, 2 month layover...... Curling Canada may want to lookat that.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Some people are just incredibly stupid.
https://www.castanet.net/news/PyeongCha ... le-actions
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

GordonH wrote:Some people are just incredibly stupid.
https://www.castanet.net/news/PyeongCha ... le-actions

...or gutsy. LMAO!! Canucks love to party, these ones just got caught. Whoops!!!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Pulled an all nighter to watch the closing ceremony, it was as marvelous as the games themselves. Proud of the Canadian athletes, proud to be Canadian. Hats off to every athlete from every nation. See you in Beijing.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I apologize if some of these have already been posted but found CBC's "According to Kids - Winter Olympics" were really well done. Here's one but there are quit a few and each is good for a laugh.

Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Looking at the Medal count I would say this was very successful for Canada especially since its the most medals we have won at a Winter Olympics. If we keep getting the funding Canada could be #1 one of these years.

Medals.jpg
Life is too sho......
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

YES.........congratulations to Canada's Olympic athletes......WAY TO GO COUSIN........GOLD MEDAL!

Just imagine if Canada medaled (any colour) in our 3 "normally a lock" sports. Men's and women's curling and men's hockey.
We would be at a 32 count and second overall.

I will add that Canada needs to get their skiing program going (downhill, slalom and giant slalom.....yes, the Crazy Canucks era). Both our men's and women's teams are not competitive and many involved are "long in the tooth" so to speak and I never hear much about the teams and who is waiting in the wings to compete.
Last edited by lesliepaul on Feb 25th, 2018, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

lesliepaul wrote:YES.........congratulations to Canada's Olympic athletes......WAY TO GO COUSIN!

Just imagine if Canada medaled (any colour) in our 3 "normally a lock" sports. Men's and women's curling and men's hockey.
We would be at a 32 count and second overall.

I will add that Canada needs to get their skiing program going (downhill, slalom and giant slalom.....yes, the Crazy Canucks era). Both our men's and women's teams are not competitive and many involved are "long in the tooth" so to speak and I never hear much about the teams and who is waiting in the wings to compete.

The Men's hockey team won the bronze medal

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”