March Madness

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Jflem1983
Guru

March Madness

Post by Jflem1983 »

Anyone else look forward to this tournament every year. Love the early rounds. Love the buzzer beaters.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: March Madness

Post by Queen K »

What is it? What tourny? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:What is it? What tourny? :135:

US College Basketball. Meh
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Anyone else watching the Michigan State~Iowa game? :200: Tied at 101 and going to overtime.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I guess not. haha

Here's why I asked:
Iowa Men's Basketball was down 13 points with 1:34 left in regulation and came back to win in OT
They made 5 3pointers to tie the game and then...
333280656_854392592289727_6673918463795363874_n.jpg
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

There is nothing in the world as much fun as watching March Madness. All games today and tomorrow are teams trying to get to the Sweet Sixteen. They.are.playing.basketball. :D
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I’m not a big basketball fan, took a look at Bracket.
Western side no huge upsets, different story in Eastern side couple high seeds were knocked out in first round (16 FDU knockout 1 Purdue... 15 Princeton knockout 2 Arizona).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

It's been incredible really. Purdue has been up in the Top Ten overall for a very long time. They were #3 when they fell.

Here's where I check Rankings: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

3 Purdue, 4 Kansas, 8 Arizona, 11 Baylor, 12 Duke, 14 Virginia, all gone. I saw an article this morning (I didn't read it) wondering how the playoffs are going to be without any of the Blue Blood teams. hahaha Maybe they should just be canceled!
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

If you didn't watch the Gonzaga vs UCLA game last night I feel really sad for you. LOL What.a.game!
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

If you look at the AP top 25 from three weeks ago and then look at the final 4 you'll see what's happened this year. Crazy! The #11 team, UConn, is the top rated team to make the final 4. Florida Atlantic didn't even make the top 25 and yet there they are in the final 4.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

It is just plain crazy. lol I love it. My wish now is for UConn to get knocked out of there by Miami so it'll the battle of two "little" guys. Charles Barkley was talking about this yesterday and he said something like, "I hear people complaining that there aren't any Blue Blood teams this year, it's fine with me!" I agree with him! That's pretty much what's made it so amazing. I'd love to have a dollar for every game I've sat with my mouth hanging open. lol Princeton beat Purdue? WHAT?

Now we have to wait until April 1st.

San Diego State vs Florida Atlantic University

and

Miami vs UConn

And wouldn't it be crazy if it ended up being FAU vs Miami? :D
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ I think the only thing that would have made you happier is if four high school teams had somehow made it to the final four! [icon_lol2.gif]
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The chances of anyone ever submitting a perfect bracket (it would have to be submitted before tournament begins) is impossible.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Yes, it's hard enough in a normal year and with all the upsets this year it would have been impossible to make all the right picks. It is, as ferri said, nice to see some new blood in there. Now if that were to happen in college football it would be nice too. Anyway, I look forward to the weekend games.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Jflem1983 wrote: Mar 23rd, 2018, 8:01 pm Anyone else look forward to this tournament every year. Love the early rounds. Love the buzzer beaters.
Is it true the colleges make $millions, the coaches make $millions and advertisers make $millions
TV deals make $millions but there's a law that says the athletes can't make two cents?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”