Remington Bankrupt

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Remington Bankrupt

Postby Jflem1983 » Mar 26th, 2018, 6:50 am

Love my old Remington 1100 auto loader.

Sad to see Americas gun industry under attack .

Go out and buy some guns folks.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

2 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 2920 posts

Re: Remington Bankrupt

Postby seewood » Mar 26th, 2018, 10:04 am

Remington 700BDL, 700P, 870. lots of deer, moose and grouse. Hope they get out of bankruptcy. Perhaps dropping the AR(under license I believe) for civilian use might help with publicity.
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Jflem1983 likes this post.
seewood
Übergod

Liked in: 1076 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Mar 26th, 2018, 4:55 pm

Reminton is in its 200th year. Thats a pretty good run. I suspect the bankruptcy has a lot to do with private equity ownership. Remington bought out Marlin who owned Bushmater who makes AR format rifles.
Marlin itself made some of the nicest lever action rifles u can buy. I had onr once. Wish i kept her
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Postby oldtrucker » Mar 27th, 2018, 5:09 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Reminton is in its 200th year. Thats a pretty good run. I suspect the bankruptcy has a lot to do with private equity ownership. Remington bought out Marlin who owned Bushmater who makes AR format rifles.
Marlin itself made some of the nicest lever action rifles u can buy. I had onr once. Wish i kept her

Used to have a Marlin 30-30 lever carbine. It had a scope, but I ditched it as I preferred open sights for that gun. Damn, I miss that thing. Totally regret selling it. I think they made the absolute best levers a person could get.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 586 posts

Postby Poindexter » Mar 27th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Turns out having a Republican in the Whitehouse is bad for gun sales. Fear of the evil liberal government coming for your guns is a tough sell right now even though Trump did toy with the idea of tossing out due process for gun owners. All I can say is gun lovers better hope a Democrat wins the next federal election or other gun manufacturers will suffer a similar fate.
:cry:

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.n ... es-decline

Omnitheo likes this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4452 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Mar 27th, 2018, 9:12 pm

oldtrucker wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Reminton is in its 200th year. Thats a pretty good run. I suspect the bankruptcy has a lot to do with private equity ownership. Remington bought out Marlin who owned Bushmater who makes AR format rifles.

Used to have a Marlin 30-30 lever carbine. It had a scope, but I ditched it as I preferred open sights for that gun. Damn, I miss that thing. Totally regret selling it. I think they made the absolute best levers a person could get.

I also had a short barrel Marlin 336 in 30 30. Mine had the button mag . Sweet rifle. No scope on mine she was mint. Made in 55. They dont make em like that anymore

I got screwed out of it. Oh well life goes on. A weak moment when i needed the money and fell for someones story .

After Remington bought Marlin circa 2008 or so. Marlin quality went way downhill for a while. Ive heard the last 3 or 4 years the big medicine 45 70 s are back to being quality firearms.

Back to Remington. Look at the ownership. Cerebus. They had Chrysler and screwed that up. I suspect Cerebus is more problem than solution

Jflem1983
Guru

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors