Remington Bankrupt

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Jflem1983
Guru

Remington Bankrupt

Post by Jflem1983 »

Love my old Remington 1100 auto loader.

Sad to see Americas gun industry under attack .

Go out and buy some guns folks.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
seewood
Guru

Re: Remington Bankrupt

Post by seewood »

Remington 700BDL, 700P, 870. lots of deer, moose and grouse. Hope they get out of bankruptcy. Perhaps dropping the AR(under license I believe) for civilian use might help with publicity.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Reminton is in its 200th year. Thats a pretty good run. I suspect the bankruptcy has a lot to do with private equity ownership. Remington bought out Marlin who owned Bushmater who makes AR format rifles.
Marlin itself made some of the nicest lever action rifles u can buy. I had onr once. Wish i kept her
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Turns out having a Republican in the Whitehouse is bad for gun sales. Fear of the evil liberal government coming for your guns is a tough sell right now even though Trump did toy with the idea of tossing out due process for gun owners. All I can say is gun lovers better hope a Democrat wins the next federal election or other gun manufacturers will suffer a similar fate.
:cry:

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.n ... es-decline
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

oldtrucker wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Reminton is in its 200th year. Thats a pretty good run. I suspect the bankruptcy has a lot to do with private equity ownership. Remington bought out Marlin who owned Bushmater who makes AR format rifles.
Marlin itself made some of the nicest lever action rifles u can buy. I had onr once. Wish i kept her

Used to have a Marlin 30-30 lever carbine. It had a scope, but I ditched it as I preferred open sights for that gun. Damn, I miss that thing. Totally regret selling it. I think they made the absolute best levers a person could get.

I also had a short barrel Marlin 336 in 30 30. Mine had the button mag . Sweet rifle. No scope on mine she was mint. Made in 55. They dont make em like that anymore

I got screwed out of it. Oh well life goes on. A weak moment when i needed the money and fell for someones story .

After Remington bought Marlin circa 2008 or so. Marlin quality went way downhill for a while. Ive heard the last 3 or 4 years the big medicine 45 70 s are back to being quality firearms.

Back to Remington. Look at the ownership. Cerebus. They had Chrysler and screwed that up. I suspect Cerebus is more problem than solution

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”