Firearms Forum!

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Firearms Forum!

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/22 ... -from-home

I guess they weren't about to buy trigger locks for all 74 rifles. Nevermind gun lockers. :200:
So now they are facing multiple gun related charges.
Wonder if it was worth it?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Chances are a pile of em are likely stolen. Some nice rifles in that picture.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Finally... going to site the 700P and A-17 this weekend. made a collapsible shooting bench, son is in town. Time to make some holes in paper.
Bought my son a Boker 3000 knife for his B'day. freshened up the blade at Razor's Edge in Penticton. Can now shave with it. He's now got a bald spot on his arm.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Always buying lever actions. Always looking for older pump action 22s. Keep the lead flying. Wish i got to spend more time at the range
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^ son has an older Savage 99 in 308 ( detachable box mag.). He's bound and determined to go hunting this fall and tag a deer or something with bones sticking out of its head. That rifle has a real nice smooth action, amazing bit of fit and finish.
Going to get my tag(s) for the first time in 19 years and show him my old haunts...likely every body's now.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Bump stocks do not appear very useful to me. Just the same. No reason to ban them. Let the market decide

Not sure what the true value of such a stock is. I think they should not have them available for JQ public. Maybe if there is a sporting competition ok, but not sold a Walmat in USA.

If anyone has a older model 22 cal riffle or knows someone who does, PM me. Also there used to be several gun posting on a site, they stopped allowing them. Now people go to what site to buy and sell in Kelowna region?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Might be worth checking out. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

oldtrucker wrote:
Ken7 wrote:If anyone has a older model 22 cal riffle or knows someone who does, PM me.

Been looking for a old Cooey .22 single shot bolt myself. I had my gramps gun. but it was so used that once it was tilted above 45 degrees , just the gravity on the trigger would be enough for it to go off.

Got an old Cooey 30 . 06 i polished it up some. It has a model 70 action. Pretty plain jane old gun. I have never shot it i dont think.

Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Any one else enjoy shooting sports? or is that for another forum )?
Metallic silhouette used to be real popular at Vernon, and other clubs too I bet.
How about rimfire silhouette ? or the newer rimfire precision rifle events, like the one coming to Merritt in August 12th
A whole lot cheaper to shoot than the big bore events
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Women complain about having to pay an extra $10 for pink skates, so I guess I should complain about having to pay an extra $150 for camo... https://www.cabelas.ca/product/291/bene ... n-shotguns
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Glacier wrote:Women complain about having to pay an extra $10 for pink skates, so I guess I should complain about having to pay an extra $150 for camo... https://www.cabelas.ca/product/291/bene ... n-shotguns

I have an unfired Nova. Ducks unlimited model. Pretty sweet. Some day ill pull it out of the safe

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

oldtrucker wrote:Let's assume no willows in the way... a 30.06, or a .270 ? Both are painful after ramming a box through...or is it just me?

I have one of each. Rarely fire either. Need to get my CORE.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm actually surprised you don't have it (not sure why I think that). I've shot a lot of different rifles etc. and wish I went into competition - never the opportunity.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy wrote:I'm actually surprised you don't have it (not sure why I think that). I've shot a lot of different rifles etc. and wish I went into competition - never the opportunity.

I came to firearms after a violent home invasion. Fought off two armed attackers . With my fists. After that i joined the NRA. Armed myself. Started collecting and restoring old Winchesters. Took a different path in life i suppose.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Wow. Yes, that's a different path. Thanks for sharing.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”