The Sedins are Retiring

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

The Sedins are Retiring

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
RupertBear
Übergod

Re: The Sedins are Retiring

Post by RupertBear »

Glacier wrote:https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-greats-daniel-henrik-sedin-announce-season-last/

They are going out on their own terms.
Personally, I would have been okay with them staying on for one more season, because I think they have a real gem in Elias Pettersson coming down the pipeline, and the Sedins would have been excellent mentors. Having said that, if they are staying in Vancouver, as they claim, then they will still be there to help with Pettersson's transition to the North American game.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The choice was to either be 3rd line players or retire (neither are checkers, 4th line was never an option), now it free's up spaces for talented youngsters.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They had a really good run in Vancouver and we wish them well, but it is time they retired.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

They're both bums, like the rest of the Canucks. Hey Sedin sisters, beat it!!
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Poll/2227 ... nucks-ever

Pavel Bure 1.12 points per/game played (as a Canuck)
Henrik Sedin .81 points per/game played (as a Canuck)
Daniel Sedin .80 points per/game played (as a Canuck)

impo the player I believe to be Vancouver's best was Trevor Linden, not for his scoring but for his pure grit. Next one on that list is Pavel for his scoring abilities before his knee's started to go.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bure was the best player the Canucks ever had.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Don't think we'll ever see two guys who's unmatched chemistry made them the best players on the ice most nights despite neither having great speed, great strength nor a great shot. If the officials in the Boston Stanley Cup series had been even close to fair they would have brought us a championship as well, probably the only blemish on their hall of fame careers. We were fortunate to have been able to watch thier magic on the ice for almost two decades, and fortunate to have two such classy guys represent the team off the ice as well. They'll be missed but it was the right time to retire and true to form, they stepped aside selflessly, knowing it was in the team's best interest. Look forward to seeing thier jerseys hung with pride in the rafters of Rogers Arena.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

good show twins, you did notkeep on taking money when you knew you could not produce ,BRAVO :130:
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

To all Swedish twins.
:130:
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

they were useless, don't let the door hit ya on the way out
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

That narrative may have been accurate when they first entered the league, but anyone who's followed thier careers know that it was false after their 3rd year.

They are the only brothers in NHL history to each have 1,000 points and the only ones to win the Art Ross Trophy as the top scorer in the League in consecutive seasons.

https://www.nhl.com/news/daniel-and-hen ... -297584524

Edit: my initial response was glib and out of place on a tribute thread to the Sedin's.
Last edited by Poindexter on Apr 6th, 2018, 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

What a way to retire. Best players on the ice all night and Daniel from Henrik to win it in overtime.

:clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo:
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Couldn't have asked for a better finish!!! Could not have scripted it any better. The fans tonight were unreal! Was a great sendoff for the Sedins for their last home game.
Life is too sho......
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

- Douglas Murray

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”