Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Bsuds »

LTD wrote:i don't see any footage just a pic my dash cam displays the date and time as well you might be right tho theres many different models

It's fairly simple to pull one frame off a video and on my dashcam I can turn off the date/time so it is possible.
The photo look fairly centered so may not be from the drivers seat, Hard to tell for sure.
If the driver took the picture then he is just as big an idiot or bigger than the other guy.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

“A number plate must be kept entirely unobstructed and free from dirt or foreign materials," said O’Donaghey.

"Numbers and letters on it may be plainly seen and read at all times and so that the numbers and letters may be accurately photographed using a speed monitoring device or traffic light safety device prescribed."

Trust a Kelowna Traffic Services Officer to quote this and add in "plainly seen and read AT ALL TIMES for speed monitoring devices".

I would suggest you position your officers on the side of the roads in advance of these monitoring devices with brushes to ensure that the plates are in this condition. Why not........you can portray yourselves as panhandlers at intersections looking for cell phone users.......safety first, right?
Dawggss

Post by Dawggss »

As much as I understand the issue with snow covered (from highway trip?) tail lights and plate - I have to wonder why there is no concern during the rest of the year over the large number of vehicles sporting bike racks which cover both lights and plates , never mind rear driver vision.
Don’t know how often I see vehicles with 2, 3, 4 or more bikes stacked on the back of a car - no lights or signals visible - and definitely no plate visible. This is ok? Are they braking? Turning? I don’t know - can’t see lights. It is actually easier to follow these folks at night when some glow is available - daytime? Not.
Watch these drivers try to back up sometime - no rear camera will work - and few realize how the extra 2 to 3 feet add on increases their vehicle length.
I too wish drivers would brush their cars.
I also wish there was some concern over the rear bike rack issue.
What’s the difference when it comes to road safety?
“Left vs Right is an out-dated concept and an oversimplification of the 21st Century.” James Morcan

“What if I told you that the Left Wing and the Right Wing belong to the same bird?”
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Dawggss wrote:What’s the difference when it comes to road safety?

There is no difference and they could be ticketed if you could find an Officer willing to take the time to stop them.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

You are a special kind of stupid if you manage to flip a car in traffic that should only be doing 50 - 60 KPH.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-219301-1-.htm#219301
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

TreeGuy wrote:You are a special kind of stupid if you manage to flip a car in traffic that should only be doing 50 - 60 KPH.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-219301-1-.htm#219301

That’s a real winner right there.
I am... the law!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

A general comment towards this particular group of idiots.

Yes, the roads are far from perfect right now. I’m also quick to agree that you don’t need to meet the speed limit if the road conditions are too poor to do so.

However...

If the posted limit is 100km/h and you are doing 55-65km/h with a dozen vehicles behind you...PULL THE HELL OVER AND LET PEOPLE PASS.

**I was headed to the Kootenays today and stuck behind a guy/gal who did this from west of Nancy Greene to Castlegar**
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Everyday after work, pull up to the light, on pandosy, 2 lanes turn left to head east(north on harvey).
Painted arrows and lines easily show left turn from both lanes. Me in the right you in the Dark ford raptor pickup in the left lane.
2 Green arrows say make your left onto the hwy and you, the loser moron, turn and then head straight into the center lane, my lane.
If not for me seeing that you looked like a bit of an idiot in the first place , I would have nicely flatten your little suv, raptor truck.
Idiot/loser. Are you really that stupid?
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Yesterday at 6pm, north bound, Harvey ave at Gordon intersection, did any of you witness the loser lady in the white SUV turning into oncoming traffic from south/West bound Harvey ave to head south on Gordon?
All 3 lanes of north bound Harvey have skid marks from all three lanes because of your absolute stupidity.
Take a look at the marks left yesterday by the 3 vehicles that had to, "lock em up" because of this idiot.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

You are driving down the highway.

You see a police incident ahead.

Then you see guns drawn.

Do you;

A. Stop and stay back from the scene and give the police room to handle the situation?

Or

B. Drive right past, while rubber necking and risk getting hit by a stray bullet and comprising the operation.

Click on the link to see what these morons did.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-219623-101-.htm#219623
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

why would you stop unless told to do so?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Let's see.....I would not be driving into a line of fire of a police officer, or the potential line of fire from a person with a gun that I can not see.
I would give the cops a wide birth to do their job as safely as possible. Also if one of those suspects got out and run, they might shoot you and take your car for their escape.
That car was still able to drive and could have taken off again and it would have become a 2000# bullet.
Bring back the LIKE button.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

TreeGuy wrote:You are driving down the highway.

You see a police incident ahead.

Then you see guns drawn.

Do you;

A. Stop and stay back from the scene and give the police room to handle the situation?

Or

B. Drive right past, while rubber necking and risk getting hit by a stray bullet and comprising the operation.

Click on the link to see what these morons did.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-219623-101-.htm#219623

Wow, you have great judgment when you can sit at home with no other distractions and watch a situation which someone else has focused in on for you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ so unless this person recording is in vehicle with ride side steering & controls, who the hell watching were they are going. This driver is an idiot
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

alanjh595 wrote:Let's see.....I would not be driving into a line of fire of a police officer, or the potential line of fire from a person with a gun that I can not see.
I would give the cops a wide birth to do their job as safely as possible. Also if one of those suspects got out and run, they might shoot you and take your car for their escape.
That car was still able to drive and could have taken off again and it would have become a 2000# bullet.

unless you are told to stop there is no reason for you to stop unless of course you want to be "that guy" that f :cuss: ks traffic up for everyone else

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”