Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by Bsuds »

To the 2 RCMP officers in a marked SUV on Casorso...it's a frigging School Zone! Slow to 30k!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

TreeGuy wrote:
This is the same downtown West Kelowna. Drives me nuts. I think the Province should create a sign indicating it is okay to do so.

No no it would never work because drivers cannot read signs, or they can but they ignore them anyway. I am totally blown away by the huge numbers of drivers who fail to acknowledge the "no right turn on red" signs at KLO/Richter and KLO/Pandosy. The road has large painted green bits with pictures of bikes and clear no turn on red signs high and low yet nearly everybody ignores it. Why is this such a problem for drivers? I saw the signs and changes to the intersections as soon as they were done and i fail to see how after all this time drivers are still not noticing.
Of course lets not forget all those that still think its ok to turn left on a red turn light because the through green is on and traffic is clear and even the odd idiot (yes i saw one last week) who thinks they can turn left from Harvey onto Abbot at the intersection that has been designed in a way to stop you from doing it unless you are totally stupid and brain dead!
Worse still the vehicles sat behind patiently waiting for the illegal manoeuvre without so much as a toot.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

People who drive are a strange and diverse crowd, that’s for sure.
I am... the law!
jsytnick
Board Meister

Post by jsytnick »

Why has there been a Dodge half ton parked beside the highway coming up the hill from the bridge for 2 days now with red plates? Easy money for Mario's.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Walking up Ethel this morning I had the fun of watching a sedan drive straight through the stop sign at Cawston ... the best part of it was realizing that the backend said "Student Driver" ... and I happened to recognize which driver education company it was

Called them at lunchtime, wondered if it was actually a student or if an instructor was impatient ... they admitted it was their car and that the student had gotten confused ... I hadn't seen where they had pulled off the road to work on instructing the student better ... the instructor had even told the student they expected to get a call about it ...

Future idiot?

"With great horsepower comes great responsibility" --Eben Weiss
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I hope it was important..
The RCMP Suburban(officer) texting in traffic at speed,
lane creeping me fairly harsh..yes I will still blast my horn
to bring you back to the job at hand....driving....
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jsytnick wrote:Why has there been a Dodge half ton parked beside the highway coming up the hill from the bridge for 2 days now with red plates? Easy money for Mario's.

Well it is a Dodge which means it's probably broken down.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Or, it could be a Ford....Found On Road, Dead. [icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

3 separate idiots this afternoon and sorry to all you truckers but all 3 were commercial truck drivers. Heading down 97 towards Westbank in left lane and suddenly buddy in semi, fully laden with trailer starts to creep into my lane, no indicators so clearly not concentrating, i blow my horn and he swerves back into his lane. Coming into Peachland and buddy in gravel truck pulling out of Trepannier gassing away on his phone. Lastly coming up to roundabout at Stevens Rd in West Kelowna and commercial truck driving around towards me, i see the left indicator on and stop as i think he's going round but wait all the indicators are on, he's driving round the roundabout with his hazards on!!! Who the hell does this? What was he trying to say? "I'm an idiot ignore any signals i make" ? :biggrin:
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Catsumi wrote:Or, it could be a Ford....Found On Road, Dead. [icon_lol2.gif]

Isn't that FORD..Flipping old recycled Dodge ? [icon_lol2.gif]
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Never disrespect Dodge and their proud owners.

F O R D

Future Only Remains Dismal

[icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
spooker

Post by spooker »

And let's not forgot ...

Fix Or Repair Daily
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Here is couple more:
First On Recall Day
Fraternal Order of Restored DeSoto's
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Back to topic.
Today, at Lake Country Medial, a gold colored Saturn, CKO-96_, took up a handicap parking spot. With no placard. And, when the lady with short dark hair, probably in her 30's, came out to the car, she sure didn't need a handicap parking spot. Then she tail gated me by George Elliott school. Lady, I don't know who you think you are, but, you need to be a little more considerate of others and, watch your speed going through school zones. Otherwise, Yer an Idiot!!!!!
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

How do you know they weren't dropping off a handicapped person? I have dropped my mom off using handicapped, i have a handicapped sign but sometimes forget to hang it up while I drop her off. There is always two sides to the story. As for the rest of your story, sounds like a typical Kelowna driver.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”