Benvoulin construction

Home of the traffic rant.
acrent7

Benvoulin construction

Post by acrent7 »

Curious why.... while Benvoulin was ripped up and traffic disrupted for the past few weeks why they wouldn't have put a proper sidewalk in all the way down from KLO to Springfield!?

There is a high school, residences, businesses, VERY high traffic ... wouldn't this warrant a safe way to get from one end to the other??
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Benvoulin construction

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Because the city tends to prefer forcing the costs of sidewalks onto developers, and since that stretch is mostly ALR land, they haven't got a ready victim to target.

Apparently there aren't enough parks and green space in Kelowna, so that's been their priority for about as long as I can remember really.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It would be wasted money as there is very little foot traffic along there. As with most kids these days they are driven to school and that school mostly does not draw from the immediate area anyway.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bsuds wrote:It would be wasted money as there is very little foot traffic along there. As with most kids these days they are driven to school and that school mostly does not draw from the immediate area anyway.

Lived in the area for ages. Tons of foot traffic. Not nearly as much as should be though . Due to no sidewalk
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

acrent7 wrote:Curious why.... while Benvoulin was ripped up and traffic disrupted for the past few weeks why they wouldn't have put a proper sidewalk in all the way down from KLO to Springfield!?

There is a high school, residences, businesses, VERY high traffic ... wouldn't this warrant a safe way to get from one end to the other??

theres a high school on benvoulin ?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

LTD wrote:
acrent7 wrote:Curious why.... while Benvoulin was ripped up and traffic disrupted for the past few weeks why they wouldn't have put a proper sidewalk in all the way down from KLO to Springfield!?

theres a high school on benvoulin ?

Kelowna Christian School - right beside the Fortis yard.
BGrigg07

Post by BGrigg07 »

KCS teaches from 1 through 12, so it's not exactly a high school, it's just a "school".

I don't think I've ever seen a pedestrian walking between KLO and Springfield...

*correction, Pre-school through 12...
acrent7

Post by acrent7 »

There would be much more walking traffic if there was a safe sidewalk along the road...

KCS senior campus is the one on Benvoulin - it's a highschool
Their elementary school is on Gordon across from KLO

Blows my mind that there aren't proper sidewalks everywhere ... seems to be a lack of pride in our city
BGrigg07

Post by BGrigg07 »

acrent7 wrote:There would be much more walking traffic if there was a safe sidewalk along the road...

KCS senior campus is the one on Benvoulin - it's a highschool
Their elementary school is on Gordon across from KLO

Blows my mind that there aren't proper sidewalks everywhere ... seems to be a lack of pride in our city

Did not know that, but then I'm not an expert on KCS. I just see the Pre-school billboard when I drive past. I stand corrected...

There would be sidewalks if there was more walking traffic. We can go around on this for days. Sidewalks do not guarantee walkers, any more than the lack of sidewalks prevent people from walking.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”