Home of the traffic rant.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Accident Near Summerland

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Crash kills woman near Summerland
by David Fowler - Story: 36180
Dec 23, 2007 / 8:39 pm

One woman is dead after a fatal hit and run motor vehicle accident on Highway 97 north of Summerland.

The accident occurred just after 3:00 am Sunday morning.

Police say that a southbound Honda Civic crossed over the center line and hit a northbound Chevrolet Corsica.

The female passenger of the Corsica died at the scene while the driver of the Corsica was taken to Penticton Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The driver of the Honda Civic fled the scene before police arrived. Police say they know who he is, but have yet to locate him.

The name of the deceased is not being released pending next of kin notification.

Central Okanagan Traffic Services are requesting any witnesses who may have observed the collision to contact them at 762-3300.

My Goodness Sakes! How on earth does a person have so little humanity in them that they are able to leave the scene of a extremely seriously accident that they caused? Since they know who the guy is, I hope they catch the rotter. And in a case like this, while the death may have been caused by the accident, his actions afterward should have more serious consequences. So, so sad.
BoB76
Guru

Re: Accident Near Summerland

Post by BoB76 »

Featherbrain wrote:
Crash kills woman near Summerland
by David Fowler - Story: 36180
Dec 23, 2007 / 8:39 pm

One woman is dead after a fatal hit and run motor vehicle accident on Highway 97 north of Summerland.

The accident occurred just after 3:00 am Sunday morning.

Police say that a southbound Honda Civic crossed over the center line and hit a northbound Chevrolet Corsica.

The female passenger of the Corsica died at the scene while the driver of the Corsica was taken to Penticton Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The driver of the Honda Civic fled the scene before police arrived. Police say they know who he is, but have yet to locate him.

The name of the deceased is not being released pending next of kin notification.

Central Okanagan Traffic Services are requesting any witnesses who may have observed the collision to contact them at 762-3300.

My Goodness Sakes! How on earth does a person have so little humanity in them that they are able to leave the scene of a extremely seriously accident that they caused? Since they know who the guy is, I hope they catch the rotter. And in a case like this, while the death may have been caused by the accident, his actions afterward should have more serious consequences. So, so sad.

Probably drunk......now they can't prove it. I know someone who was drunk and crashed pretty bad (single vehicle) and he got out and walked away. Told the police the next day he had got disoriented after the accident. No charges. Pretty sad that someone would leave a dead person though. Guess they will have to live with it.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Unfortunately, so will the deceased family :(
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Very terrible, and I agree. They probably were drunk at that time of night.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Somebody out there knows this person.
Someone is wondering 'Hey, how'd you get your car all banged up?'
A friend of a friend maybe.

The driver will probably turn him/herself in. With a lawyer.
After Christmas.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
caveman

Post by caveman »

They picked up a 31 year old in Hedly.
KARMA......SPARES NO ONE!!
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus :)
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Told you he wouldn't get charged with boozing and cruising. Hope he enjoys prison.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Dutchie!
Board Meister

Post by Dutchie! »

He won't get long enough... a few month maybe???
My sympathy to the family.A sad Christmas for another family.
Allways memories at Christmas.
So sad.
StraightUpLogic
Fledgling

Post by StraightUpLogic »

I wanna know how he got away....

I drove by the crash and both cars were a mess. the corsica wasn't recognizable whatsoever though

Someone had to of driven him.
yootuber

Post by yootuber »

StraightUpLogic wrote:I wanna know how he got away....

I drove by the crash and both cars were a mess. the corsica wasn't recognizable whatsoever though

Someone had to of driven him.

How ironic...I was talking to this lady today who's son and wife were driving from Kelowna to Penticton and the driver of the Honda flagged them down. He smelled of alcohol and was claiming the driver had taken off. They became leary of him and kicked him out at the 7-11 and immediately called 911. Whether he was the driver is THE question..i guess
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

How ironic it is that when I heard about the accident I just saw red because of the action of this coward leaving the scene.....
Now I find out that it was someone I have known almost my entire life...

Now it is even more sad.
And now there is a rage.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Featherbrain wrote:How ironic it is that when I heard about the accident I just saw red because of the action of this coward leaving the scene.....
Now I find out that it was someone I have known almost my entire life...

Now it is even more sad.
And now there is a rage.

Heartbreaking too when you account for the fact that just one year ago in Feburary, her boys lost their grandma. Grade one onward I too knew her.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Very sad isn't it?

Just heartbreaking.....
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Was this woman from Summerland?

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”