Another speeder on Springfield Rd. - Slow down people!

Home of the traffic rant.
JaneDoe

Re: Speeding on Springfield

Post by JaneDoe »

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:
mondopost80 wrote:Another thing struts what if one of the people you video takes offence and arrives on your doorstep? Something to consider.

First of all, Mr. Mondopost you somehow don't appear to be the considerate person that a normal Kelowna citizen should have, and you teaming up with another shows that you to obviously are living in another world of your own! :1422:
Possibly do some more of whatever you take to make you act and respond so rediculously! :123:

If someone appears at my door because I have a video of them, they better have a good reason for being here, as they might not walk away after I am done with them trespassing! :smt023

I was under the impression it was and invasion of privacy to take a video of someone without their expressed consent. Yet as soon as someone so much would want to have a conversation with you about you invading their rights you talk about yours? A tad hypocrytical maybe?

I may be completely off on this though, sorry if I am! We both know I do agree with you on some things :127:
National_Scar
Board Meister

Post by National_Scar »

Photo radar was a good idea, the problem was proving it was you that drove the vehicle..

to take a pic of the front then back would be a grand idea, the problem there is the invasion of privacy thing.. which I do agree with regardless of the speed.
"Allowing a materialist into your life can show you the true value of friendship.....Right down to the last penny" -G A M-
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

rookie314 wrote:Photo radar was offensive to anyone who wants to live in a free society. I should have the right to meet my accuser in a court of my peers. Not possible with a camera. If someone uses my car gets a photo ticket I am responsible for it, because I am the registered owner?! What a crock, if you borrow my car and rob a bank am I responsible for you robbing the bank? Good riddance photo (big brother) radar, don't miss you at all. Put the cops on the side of the road and let them stop speeders. That's their job.
I wouldn't be lending anything out to questionable characters. I'd like to live in a free society - free to live my life without someone putting my own in jeopardy. There aren't enough police to deal with all the traffic problems.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Post by crash 99 »

rookie314 wrote:you didn't answer my question, if you borrow my car and rob a bank am I responsible for it? Enough personal freedoms are being eroded in this country and getting rid of photo radar was a victory for people who believe in the rights of the individual.

Rookie314 Well I'd be pretty quick on locating the person for the police...after I had a personal "chat" with them.

Here's the deal: If I am trusting enough to loan my car to someone, I do so, being fully aware that IF they hit someone/something MY insurance is going to take the brunt. Trust me..it REALLY BITES when someone else ends up affecting your driver discount.

In the same light...IF I loan out my car, I had better be pretty damn trusting in their driving skills/mannerisms. IF I am stupid enough to loan out my car to a speed freak, and they get caught on photo Radar, yup give me the ticket. Serves me right!
National_Scar
Board Meister

Post by National_Scar »

If I can trust you with my vehicle, I can trust you to take on the associated responsibilities that come with it while its in your care.
if you speed and get caught, you pay the fine. if you get in an accident, you pay the extra to get it fixed..

fool me once shame on you,
fool me twice shame on me.
"Allowing a materialist into your life can show you the true value of friendship.....Right down to the last penny" -G A M-
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Thats not the point, it is guilt by association. ICBC even said that because they couldn't prove who was driving the vehicle there would only be a fine no points issued. If that doesn't scream cash grab I don't know what does. My point is you should be able to go to a court of law and face your accusor. You cannot do that with the camera. It goes against everything that we should be proud of being able to enjoy in a free society. Case in point.

I was stopped in a speed trap on Hwy 33 just west of Franklin. The officer (who was very courdial and proffesional, as most of them are) asked if I new why I was stopped. I mentioned that I assumed it must be because I was speeding, as it was a speed trap. We both had a good laugh over that. He asked if I knew how fast I was going. I said around 64km/hr. He was impressed as he mentioned it was 63km/hr. I told him that I thougt it was a 60 zone (which was not a lie). It is a 50 he replied and let me off with a warning. Common sense in action.

Using a camera, guilty, pay the fine.
Chevbert
Fledgling

Post by Chevbert »

Photo radar easy to get out of... just get a liscense plate cover :)

Struts... you cant change how ppl drive, so let it go and stop making a idiot of urself.
National_Scar
Board Meister

Post by National_Scar »

Lol.. just eliminates the compassion and emotion..
National_Scar
Board Meister

Post by National_Scar »

In a struts world... well.. actually I think even nazi germany was a hell of a lot more lienient..
(I hope that wasnt in to bad a taste) :200:
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Re: Speeding on Springfield

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

JaneDoe wrote:I was under the impression it was and invasion of privacy to take a video of someone without their expressed consent. Yet as soon as someone so much would want to have a conversation with you about you invading their rights you talk about yours? A tad hypocrytical maybe?

I may be completely off on this though, sorry if I am! We both know I do agree with you on some things :127:

Invasion of Privacy while you are using a Public Street, I don't think so!
Invasion of Privacy on your own property, yes!

It is everyone's business what takes place on Public Property, and safety is the first order of business.

If you speed, drive aggressively, stunt, race, run red lights, etc. The Public has a right to know you are a Hazard!

Much like if your a Drug Dealer selling Illegal substances, the General Public has a right to know that you are doing something Illegal!
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

Chevbert wrote:Photo radar easy to get out of... just get a liscense plate cover :)

Struts... you cant change how ppl drive, so let it go and stop making a idiot of urself.

In Cities which incorporate Photo Radar, If you get caught with a license plate diffuser or anything covering the plate, you get fined! They are Illegal as well!

And yes, I have already changed how some under 25 year olds drive.
It's called 762-3300 and report them!
You'd be surprised how fast these guys change after a Police Officer shows up at their door and has a nice chat with them, or they get a written warning in the mail!
Chevbert
Fledgling

Post by Chevbert »

Acctually, u can call it a liscense plate GUARD and they are not illegal. I know many people that have them.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

As long as it doesn't cover the numbers.

3.03 A number plate must be kept entirely unobstructed and free from dirt or foreign material, so that the numbers and letters on it may be plainly seen and read at all times and so that the numbers and letters may be accurately photographed using a speed monitoring device prescribed under section 83.1 of the Act.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: speeding on springfield

Post by ferri »

mondopost80 wrote:Sputz you just confirmed my previous post.

Work on your spelling. I wait for the story from CHBC were some deranged old fart ,ie you, has to go to the ER , wait 10 hours then have his personal taser and video camera surgically removed from his mouth.

'Ayup" Rage on!

let's lay off the 'name change' and i suggest you back off on spelling. it's WHERE not were.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:
Chevbert wrote:Photo radar easy to get out of... just get a liscense plate cover :)

In Cities which incorporate Photo Radar, If you get caught with a license plate diffuser or anything covering the plate, you get fined! They are Illegal as well!

And yes, I have already changed how some under 25 year olds drive.
It's called 762-3300 and report them!
You'd be surprised how fast these guys change after a Police Officer shows up at their door and has a nice chat with them, or they get a written warning in the mail!

Hey Struts...Did you get my PM?
:smt023

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”