Crotch Rockets causing Havoc

Home of the traffic rant.
Dolores
Board Meister

Crotch Rockets causing Havoc

Post by Dolores »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#38513

Has anyone else experienced these crazy drivers yet???

I was just coming off of 97 onto Glenrosa road when one of these crazies passed me going like a bat out of hell. The driver came up on my right side!!!! and passed me as I was driving in the turnoff lane for Glenrosa Road. I nearly crapped my pants.

I was not expecting to be passed let alone on the right on a turnoff lane. Holy crow these people are nuts. Seems as if the moment they buy one of these bikes they lose all their brain cells and they think that they are invincible.

I do not drive Westside Road but I do drive in the valley and I see these types of motorcycles all over the place. Some of the drivers are responcible, but most (I think they believe that because they wear riding gear they are not going to get hurt in a crash) are not.

I am not only laying blame on the drivers of the crotch rockets but they seem to be the ones that feel that they can travel 150km an hour and still control their bikes on un-even potholed highways.

I hope that there isn't another death on that highway or any others for that matter. Stupidity doesn't mean you have to die!!!!
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Crotch Rockets causing Havoc

Post by Cateyes »

I don't have any problem with them. A good supply of organ donors is a positive thing.

Saw a couple of them round Sexsmith going about 90km/h down Hwy97 on the back wheel. There were some videos of guys doing this down freeways on Youtube so it's all the rage these days. Monkey see monkey do.

On a sorta unrelated note. There is NOTHING sexier than a hot little spinner in tight jeans riding one of those down the hwy.
Find something to give a damn about!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There is NOTHING sexier than a hot little spinner in tight jeans riding one of those down the hwy.
Until you see that little spinner take huge chances following her guy and you wonder if she'll pass you fast enough not to hit that truck coming the other way.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

Fancy wrote:
There is NOTHING sexier than a hot little spinner in tight jeans riding one of those down the hwy.
Until you see that little spinner take huge chances following her guy and you wonder if she'll pass you fast enough not to hit that truck coming the other way.

Women don't really have that show off who's the man thing so I would say they are much better when it comes to driving bikes safely.

When I had an 1100cc beast I scared myself a few times. You REALLY gotta respect a machine like that when you own one. I would NEVER ride it if I was at all in an off mood. It's just too much power and waaaay too fast compared to anything else on the road with more than 2 wheels. Just a little bit of aggrevation or whatever and all you gotta do is crack that throttle just a wee bit and you can make things happen REAL fast.

A lot of people don't REALLY know how to ride them but figure it's just like riding a moped or off road bike. For example, you gotta learn how to instinctively counter steer. Most people don't know that and end up splattering themselves going around a corner too fast or not able to swerve out of the way coming up on a car too fast and having it turn into them. I thought I knew how to ride a bike from years of off roading on them and almost killed myself a couple times until I learned how to counter steer.
OffRoad
Übergod

Post by OffRoad »

Cateyes wrote:On a sorta unrelated note. There is NOTHING sexier than a hot little spinner in tight jeans riding one of those down the hwy.

Until she falls off the back of the bike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI7gk9GnGiQ

and ends up with something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juQEHEYTws8

Yeah, I know you said "riding"
SheWolf

Post by SheWolf »

*sighs*

I own one of these 'crotch rockets'...the proper name is sport bike...and I RIDE it. I've been riding motorcycles since I was old enough to get my drivers license, back in the day when there wasn't a lot of discrepancy. You either had your full class 6, or you didn't. None of this 'scooter only,' or CC restrictions. Old school. The good old days.

Some of the drivers are responcible, but most (I think they believe that because they wear riding gear they are not going to get hurt in a crash) are not.

I don't believe this for a second, in fact I find it outright appalling. I am not biased because I ride a bike; I agree that there ARE some bikers who are total clueless boneheads, but by saying 'most riders are', is way off base. There it goes again, having the majority of the bikers out there being labeled as irresponsible, all due to a few idiots who forgot to put their brain in gear before getting on that bike. In reality, I find there are more people who drive CARS who are the offensive ones, blowing stop signs, cutting others off, not signaling, tailgating, LITTERING. I have yet to see a motorcyclist toss a Wendy's bag full of leftover french fries and burger wrappers while driving down the highway. I see people in cars and trucks do it all the time, along with cigarette butts, still lit. Have you ever had a cigarette but hit you in the face due to some idiot who was too lazy to put it in the ashtray, or a bottle specifically kept in the vehicle of RESPONSIBLE car/truck drivers? Westside Rd. has been the scene of many roadside bush fires due to dickheads in 4 wheeled vehicles tossing their cigarettes out the window. I've seen it. I've had to help put many of them out when I come across them. Beware anyone who tries to pull that crap in the summer when the fire danger is high because when I see it, I will be turning you in. I live out here, and I want to keep living out here along with everyone else who does.
There are more responsible riders out there than one is giving credit for. I would have to say that the riders who do ride like a squid are the young ones who have yet to be in an accident, and will most likely be in one. It's not very often you see a seasoned rider riding like that in the mainstream of traffic; they trailer the bike to a speedway where they can do that around a track.

I ask of you to read this:
Crotch Rocket Alternatives

Warning

Not all of us who ride bikes are idiots. The majority of us who do ride, do so because we enjoy getting out for a nice ride in the back country to get away from all the crap on the highway. Please do not make us out to be all haphazard morons on 2 wheels, because that, simply put, is not even close to the truth.
Dolores
Board Meister

Post by Dolores »

SheWolf wrote:*sighs*

I own one of these 'crotch rockets'...the proper name is sport bike...and I RIDE it. I've been riding motorcycles since I was old enough to get my drivers license, back in the day when there wasn't a lot of discrepancy. You either had your full class 6, or you didn't. None of this 'scooter only,' or CC restrictions. Old school. The good old days.

Some of the drivers are responcible, but most (I think they believe that because they wear riding gear they are not going to get hurt in a crash) are not.

I don't believe this for a second, in fact I find it outright appalling. I am not biased because I ride a bike; I agree that there ARE some bikers who are total clueless boneheads, but by saying 'most riders are', is way off base. There it goes again, having the majority of the bikers out there being labeled as irresponsible, all due to a few idiots who forgot to put their brain in gear before getting on that bike. In reality, I find there are more people who drive CARS who are the offensive ones, blowing stop signs, cutting others off, not signaling, tailgating, LITTERING. I have yet to see a motorcyclist toss a Wendy's bag full of leftover french fries and burger wrappers while driving down the highway. I see people in cars and trucks do it all the time, along with cigarette butts, still lit. Have you ever had a cigarette but hit you in the face due to some idiot who was too lazy to put it in the ashtray, or a bottle specifically kept in the vehicle of RESPONSIBLE car/truck drivers? Westside Rd. has been the scene of many roadside bush fires due to dickheads in 4 wheeled vehicles tossing their cigarettes out the window. I've seen it. I've had to help put many of them out when I come across them. Beware anyone who tries to pull that crap in the summer when the fire danger is high because when I see it, I will be turning you in. I live out here, and I want to keep living out here along with everyone else who does.
There are more responsible riders out there than one is giving credit for. I would have to say that the riders who do ride like a squid are the young ones who have yet to be in an accident, and will most likely be in one. It's not very often you see a seasoned rider riding like that in the mainstream of traffic; they trailer the bike to a speedway where they can do that around a track.

I ask of you to read this:
Crotch Rocket Alternatives

Warning

Not all of us who ride bikes are idiots. The majority of us who do ride, do so because we enjoy getting out for a nice ride in the back country to get away from all the crap on the highway. Please do not make us out to be all haphazard morons on 2 wheels, because that, simply put, is not even close to the truth.

Ok... I retract the statement that "MOST" are not responsible drivers. I guess what I mean to say is that the ones that I have been in contact with are not responsible drivers. Unfortunatly sport bike riders are labeled as thrill seekers without care and consideration for their fellow motorists. I have seen a few riders that have half a brain and they follow speed limits etc. (I happen to be one of those people with half a brain) I suppose that I only look for the bad ones as well! My fault entirely!

I guess that the issue here is that the bad drivers are making it harder for the good drivers to get a fair break. It rings true as well for good drivers (four wheelers) as well. Once you see an inconsiderate driver (ie throwing garbage out the window etc) everyone gets labled as a jerk.

Just so you are aware, I am also a motorcycle driver although my ride of choice is a Yamaha 650. I have been unfairly labled as well and I understand the frustration that sport riders have when a blanket statement is made. So my apologies :hailjo:
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

Ouch! That's why you wear proper bike riding gear. I gotta laugh when I see idiots riding around here in the summer in shorts and a tshirt!

When I mentioned hot girls on crotch rockets I mean't DRIVING them! Not as a passenger although they look kinda sexy too. When she's straddling all that horsepower with her butt sticking out I just gotta respect the sexyness of that! :hailjo:
SheWolf

Post by SheWolf »

Riding without gear is just plain stupid. We call riders like that 'Squids' in the cycle world. The ones who like to ride with no shirt, sandals, board shorts; you know the ones. You see them all the time. I GUARANTEE that none of those riders have ever had a nice case of road rash. You only have to experience it once to fully understand the pain involved, and wished that you were wearing that jacket or those pants. The girls who wear skin-clinging shirts and low riding pants with the thong hanging out the back, yeah know it's a big turn on for guys. That's the reason they do it. Showboating. Inexperienced. Experienced riders know that it's better to lose 10 lbs of sweat than half of your skin, or worse, your life.
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

But it's cool and sexy and that's all that matters....LOL!
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

And in the after pictures, they'll be wearing long pants and sweaters to hide the cheese grater skin. Leather is heavy and it's hot, but it beats the alternatives.
I got some nice heavy chaps from a leather place called the Old Mill. My sister rides a Harley and has to have Harley gear and her chaps aren't nearly as thick. I'm hoping I never find out that they're not as good in a slide as mine.
This signature may be a forgery.
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

You don't need leather. You can get a proper riding suit for summer. Not sure what it's made of but you don't sweat like in leather.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”