Übergod

Re: Kelowna's gas prices...

Post by Hugh Jass »

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i am soooo glad i only drive about 50 km a week in general :nyah: :nyah:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Someone was saying on the radio this afternoon that the best speed for fuel efficiency is 90 kmh. That might raise a few eyebrows down at the mall parking lot, but hey, I'm all for efficiency.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

is that a picture of a dead or possibly sleeping horse?

AlanH
Lord of the Board

Re:

Post by AlanH »

eyepop wrote:

is that a picture of a dead or possibly sleeping horse?

I believe they are beating it (The dead horse that is)
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Online discussion forums = occasional beating of dead horses.

A couple of points to consider:

If long-standing members have already discussed these topics 'to death' where does that leave new members? They get to join but not comment lest they're accused of beating the dead horse?

Secondly, topics such as house prices, politics, gas prices, et al, are always going to be beaten like the proverbial dead horses they are, be it here on a discussion board or at home among friends. It's the nature of things, and so what?

Seems the biggest dead horses being beaten are the posts that talk about dead horses being beaten. :lol:
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

Jo wrote:Online discussion forums = occasional pictures of dead horses.

:-s
can i post my dead mouse picture again?
Jo
Slot 16

Re:

Post by Jo »

eyepop wrote:
Jo wrote:Online discussion forums = occasional pictures of dead horses.

:-s
can i post my dead mouse picture again?

No.
Hugh Jass
Übergod

Post by Hugh Jass »

Online discussion forums = occasional beating of dead horses.

A couple of points to consider:

If long-standing members have already discussed these topics 'to death' where does that leave new members? They get to join but not comment lest they're accused of beating the dead horse?

Secondly, topics such as house prices, politics, gas prices, et al, are always going to be beaten like the proverbial dead horses they are, be it here on a discussion board or at home among friends. It's the nature of things, and so what?

Seems the biggest dead horses being beaten are the posts that talk about dead horses being beaten. :lol:

So what your saying then is that by commenting on my dead horse picture, you were really just beating the proverbial dead horse even further ?
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Hugh Jass wrote:So what your saying then is that by commenting on my dead horse picture, you were really just beating the proverbial dead horse even further ?

No, I am attempting (apparently without success) to end such 'are we done yet' diatribes. Time for this thread to get back on track. For those who would like to discuss Kelowna's gas prices, please feel free to do so. For those who find it offensive because it has been discussed before, please feel free to disregard this thread. :127:
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

Collusion – This is the word you need to understand when you talk about gas prices in Kelowna. Petro, Chevron, ESSO and Shell on the side work together to keep the price higher here.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

Jo wrote:
Hugh Jass wrote:So what your saying then is that by commenting on my dead horse picture, you were really just beating the proverbial dead horse even further ?

No, I am attempting (apparently without success) to end such 'are we done yet' diatribes. Time for this thread to get back on track. For those who would like to discuss Kelowna's gas prices, please feel free to do so. For those who find it offensive because it has been discussed before, please feel free to disregard this thread. :127:

Would using dead horses for fuel be out of line? :sillygrin:
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

AlanH wrote:
Jo wrote:

Would using dead horses for fuel be out of line? :sillygrin:

:lol: Well sure, if you used ol' Pete. Pete fuel is good.
Hugh Jass
Übergod

Post by Hugh Jass »

Don't we all wish we had these prices now!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”