White Lines on McCulloch Rd

Home of the traffic rant.
omisimaw
Guru

Re: White Lines on McCulloch Rd

Post by omisimaw »

And yet another life is lost on the rural roads of Kelowna, not far from McCulloch Rd.
Vandalizing property and taking your anger out on what your perceive as an injustice or wrong doing is not going to solve anything.
Idiots are idiots and they will continue to drive without due care or attention until they get slapped with fines or better yet loss of their license (not that that seems to stop most LOL)
You on the other hand could easily loose an arm or leg in your effort to bring your feelings to the attention of a moving vehicle. AND if you should take a kick or smack at a car at a light be prepared for the consequence of the owner (driver or passenger(s)) disembarking the vehicle and doing damage to you and your vehicle. Or maybe even loose your life to a bullet, as if that is not happening around NA these days.
Solution get a license and report it to ICBC and the RCMP or local police. They do pay attention and they do speak to the people if the situtation warrants it. They can not cover all the calls but that does not mean they do not pay attention and if your call happens to be the 5th or 6th for that licence holder they are more than likely going to hear about it.
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

mumzee wrote:And yet another life is lost on the rural roads of Kelowna, not far from McCulloch Rd.
Vandalizing property and taking your anger out on what your perceive as an injustice or wrong doing is not going to solve anything.
Idiots are idiots and they will continue to drive without due care or attention until they get slapped with fines or better yet loss of their license (not that that seems to stop most LOL)
You on the other hand could easily loose an arm or leg in your effort to bring your feelings to the attention of a moving vehicle. AND if you should take a kick or smack at a car at a light be prepared for the consequence of the owner (driver or passenger(s)) disembarking the vehicle and doing damage to you and your vehicle. Or maybe even loose your life to a bullet, as if that is not happening around NA these days.
Solution get a license and report it to ICBC and the RCMP or local police. They do pay attention and they do speak to the people if the situtation warrants it.
They can not cover all the calls but that does not mean they do not pay attention and if your call happens to be the 5th or 6th for that licence holder they are more than likely going to hear about it.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
I'll take my chances, the cops are not going to do anything, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. They're completely useless.
Model citizen......zero discipline.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

dsldriver wrote:
Symbonite wrote:
kingsandman wrote:I punched in her boxside when she got caught at the light at hollywood.

And how is that part of the Solution?

Probably made kings feel much better. I hope there was a nice dent in her precious truck. :dyinglaughing: Besides, she was the one that obviously made an illegal lane change!!

If we want to accept kings account as gospel. Hmm....
Chill
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

flamingfingers wrote:
dsldriver wrote:
Symbonite wrote:
kingsandman wrote:I punched in her boxside when she got caught at the light at hollywood.

Probably made kings feel much better. I hope there was a nice dent in her precious truck. :dyinglaughing: Besides, she was the one that obviously made an illegal lane change!!

You can accept it or question it, doesn't matter. I would like to know, however, what it is that you possibly think I have to gain by making it up. She drove in the bike lane almost running me over, she threw her arms up at me and gave me the gesture that it was my fault, she suffered the consequences. Do you think I just ride around punching vehicles? If so, where's yours parked?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Did she REALLY drive in the bike lane? Or did you perhaps swerve left to avoid the ubiquitous pot holes, rocks, etc. in the bike lane? At this point in time, all we have is your version of events. IMHO!
Chill
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

flamingfingers wrote:Did she REALLY drive in the bike lane? Or did you perhaps swerve left to avoid the ubiquitous pot holes, rocks, etc. in the bike lane? At this point in time, all we have is your version of events. IMHO!
Read the original post. Yes, at the bottom of springfield hill, she cut the corner so much she was 1ft from the curb in a 4ft bike lane. If you rode a bike, you would know that swerving around on a bike at 40km/h on a sharp corner is not the smartest thing to do and I ride with a heightened sense of my surroundings. Remember,I was in the bike lane. I had avoided springfield untill the road was swept, now do yourself a favour and go to that corner and look around. No potholes, no sign of repaired potholes, there is however no white line at the curb from idiots cutting the corner in to the bike lane so much they've worn the paint off. Don't believe me, fine,I don't care. Maybe it was you driving the truck for all I know which would explain your bias toward me. So wrap your flaming fingers around your humble opinion and promptly insert in to your other blow hole.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

flamingfingers wrote:
dsldriver wrote:
Symbonite wrote:

Well if you want to question that, maybe he didn't even punch the truck?
So whats your point?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Boda wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:
dsldriver wrote:
Symbonite wrote:

So whats your point?

That IS my "point" - all we have is the guy "saying" it happened. Everyone here seems to accept that what he is saying is gospel. I am extremely doubtful of his narrative..
Chill
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Well if you think the guy is just some kinda ego maniac making up goofy stories why would you bother commenting?
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

flamingfingers wrote:
Boda wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:
dsldriver wrote:
Symbonite wrote:

So whats your point?

That IS my "point" - all we have is the guy "saying" it happened. Everyone here seems to accept that what he is saying is gospel. I am extremely doubtful of his narrative..
I'll ask again. What would I possibly have to gain by making it up. You're calling me a liar yet you know absolutely nothing about me.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

kingsandman wrote:You're calling me a liar yet you know absolutely nothing about me.

Yes, quite true, and experience teaches us again and again that trust is something that should be earned.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
RTH
Fledgling

Post by RTH »

OMG - how we digress. What was originally a thread about lunatic drivers and what can be done about them, has turned into a he said, she said bunch of nonsense.
No wonder things dont get better. Some of you have no intelligent input to these threads. Just diatribe and verbage to stir the pot.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Wow, how did it get to this? from inept drivers, not just on McCulloch Rd. but everywhere. A person, probably a "maniac cyclist" gets a burr in his shorts and wants to retaliate against everyone that questions him, I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but, we also have all witnessed cyclist with no apperent regard to self preservation, sorry, that goes to all road users, and now I digress.........
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

fluffy wrote:
kingsandman wrote:You're calling me a liar yet you know absolutely nothing about me.

Yes, quite true, and experience teaches us again and again that trust is something that should be earned.
....And you're going to this by knowing nothing about me? I know absolutely nothing about "laming Fingers", but I have no reason to question something he/she states on here.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”