First accident on the new bridge!

Home of the traffic rant.
blondewithbrains
Board Meister

First accident on the new bridge!

Post by blondewithbrains »

Well it didnt take long...a 4 car rear ender on the new bridge this morning and the guy is complaining about the poor sight lines and high speeds...

Well at least today it really doesnt affect the traffic as they were able to pull off to the unused lane and the traffic coming the other way is still on the old bridge...What will happen when there is an accident and no shoulder to pull off onto????
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Re: First accident on the new bridge!

Post by OREZ »

Didn't affect traffic? LOL, well it made myself and some co-workers significantly late.

Oh well, what can you expect? There was no need to open the bridge before it was ready and it is not ready. They've got lanes merging all over the place on that thing, it's a guessing game to figure out which one's going to be open because it's always changing.

The moral of the story is NEVER offer a bonus for rushing something to "completion."

(edited for typo)
Last edited by OREZ on May 30th, 2008, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
blondewithbrains
Board Meister

Post by blondewithbrains »

OREZ wrote:Didn't affect traffic? LOL, well it made myself and some co-workers significantly late.

Oh well, what can you expect? There was no need to open the bridge before it was ready and it is not ready. They've got lanes merging all over the place on that thing, it's a guessing game to figure out which one's going to be open becuase it's always changing.

The moral of the story is NEVER offer a bonus for rushing something to "completion."

Sorry to assume that it wouldnt affect the traffic...with the extra lanes available that arent open you would think it would have made it work alot smoother..but obviously it shows that this bridge was underbuilt just like everyone figured..
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
goalie
Übergod

deflowered new bridge

Post by goalie »

wow it took less then a week for a pileup. I propose this bridge be demolished along with the old one and everyone swim across.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

The funniest thing about it is the HIGH SPEED....why? Dont they see the signs its now at 50 KM/H?

Well the good thing is that the first person is not at fault...the other three are LoL. Dont follow too close!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
bh
Fledgling

Bridge accident this morning

Post by bh »

That car the white van hit, I was in front of it, the collision behind me was so hard and loud I thought I got hit!

The white van and those with him were HAULING *bleep*, they had no chance to stop in time for the crawling bridge traffic (merging 2 lanes to 1 is slow, why are they boasting that 2 lanes are open?).

As I braked to a stop for the slow traffic I quickly checked the car behind me, to see if it also could stop fast (it did), but the van and that group didn't. I got rearended last year in a similar situation coming back from the westside, I hate driving with bad drivers on that thing.

People need to SLOW DOWN. Why are you rushing to work? It's only work!

edit: oops sorry I didn't realize there was a forum dedicated to traffic issues, although it makes sense in our area!
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

Well at least they didn't have to enter a contest to win that one. :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep:
Find something to give a damn about!
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

HA HA HA thats funny...but so true!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”