Motorcycles

Home of the traffic rant.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Motorcycles

Post by 36Drew »

I'm starting up the KDSC fun rides this month. Second and fourth thursday of the month, meet @ KDSC (by the YMCA) for 6pm.

First ride is May 9. Full calendar is:

May 9
May 23
June 13
June 27
July 11
July 25
August 8
August 22
Sept 12
Sept 26

I'm there rain or shine. The rides typically run for 90 minutes to two hours, and we usually find a Timmy's at the end to warm up/cool down, mingle, and shoot the poop. All bikes and skill levels welcome. I do change up the routes a bit depending on who's there and the skill level of the group. There's a few regulars, and new faces are always welcome.

There's no fee for the rides, but KDSC does graciously accept any donations to put towards the little traveler's village - even pocket change. I'm not an instructor or a KDSC representative - just a volunteer who enjoys riding and meeting new people.

Hope to see y'all there!
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Fritzthecat wrote:You got fresh rubber on your m/c trailer?
Ready for those 4 hour tours?
Got your Sons of Anarchy colours?

Let's go for a ride this weekend.
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

try reposting without personal attacks - Jennylives
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

removed - Jennylives
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

That thing brings back memories . As kids it was Honda's and/or Yamaha's except for the one neighbor kid who had the MX version of that , MX-76 ? It was pretty cool !

Fritzthecat wrote:Image
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
kbens

Post by kbens »

Hey everyone, I'm new to motorcycling and just bought a bike (an 83 Suzuki GS300L to go with the 82 Yamaha Maxim 650 my hubby rides) it needs a tune up, who would you recommend for reliable service? I understand that the place we took my hubby's bike to last year (Innovative) is gone now. Thanks :)
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

kbens wrote:Hey everyone, I'm new to motorcycling and just bought a bike (an 83 Suzuki GS300L to go with the 82 Yamaha Maxim 650 my hubby rides) it needs a tune up, who would you recommend for reliable service? I understand that the place we took my hubby's bike to last year (Innovative) is gone now. Thanks :)

Yamaha. The techs there are great and do work on quite a few older bikes. You can also try Kreater.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

This is the stuff that really makes me sad. I know nothing about the crash, but all us who ride need to reflect on this. If you ever wonder why I give people Hell who talk about being new and in the same breath ask how fast they can ride on their new 600 Super Sport, this is why.

New riders take note: This is not a fashion statement or a hobby, this is the real deal.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... ictim-ID-d
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Very sad, hopefully the girl on the back will pull through.
Things happen fast, think three steps ahead.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Fixer 166 wrote:Very sad, hopefully the girl on the back will pull through.
Things happen fast, think three steps ahead.

I would never ride with you. You don't get it. I don't want to become road pizza becasue you are trying to be cool.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Whatever dude. ;)
Have a good and safe summer.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Fixer 166 wrote:Whatever dude. ;)
Have a good and safe summer.

Calling me "Dude".....seriously....what are you, 19?
Your maturity level is evident. You are the kind of guy who ends up a statistic. Head the warnings and wise up.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Haha, will do.
Thanks, Dude.
OffRoad
Übergod

Post by OffRoad »

Fritzthecat wrote:Calling me "Dude".....seriously....what are you, 19?
Your maturity level is evident. You are the kind of guy who ends up a statistic. Head the warnings and wise up.

I'm beginning to question your maturity level.

Enough said.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Recently I have been commuting from Westbank to vernon in a pick-up. A co-worker said "why no bring the Harley?" No way. The drivers on the phone, speeders,generally bad drivers and the 40 traffic lights. No way. Lucky every day not to get hit by distracted, bad drivers in the Okanagan. I know how to be smart on a bike but one wrong driver move and your life has been changed by someone that does not care about you.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”