Motorcycles

Home of the traffic rant.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Motorcycles

Post by 36Drew »

Bike is finally insured and I got out for a good ride today. Was a bit cold this morning... -1 when I started. Sure a different feel from the cruiser, though.

Stop_In_Oyama.jpg
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Lookin' good Drew.
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Thanks Fixer.

Somebody pointed this out to me - sounds like a neat stop if one is passing nearby. Motorcycle museum plus an eatery.

http://www.dreamcycle.ca/
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glad I clicked on, even tho I don't have a motorcycle. I love finding out about new stops of interest like this, thanks Drew36.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Cool Drew, seems like a good day trip ride. On my list for this summer.

Oil change here this weekend 5365km on'er and I got the vented belt gaurd on.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Fixer 166 wrote:Oil change here this weekend 5365km on'er and I got the vented belt gaurd on.

At this rate, I'll be doing my first oil-change by the weekend. (Factory recommends 1000km).

20130325_125616.jpg
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Queen K wrote:Glad I clicked on, even tho I don't have a motorcycle. I love finding out about new stops of interest like this, thanks Drew36.

Queenie, I'm sure almost anybody here would gladly take you as a pillion rider. I'll probably be heading out that way late April or so with friends. You're more than welcome to hop on the back.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Oh Honda ST1300, nice choice.
I had one as a loner for day a few years back. They have lots of grunt off the line as I recall and are far more sporting of a bike despite their looks.

Queenie you'd better take him up onhis offer of a ride. That is one nice machine.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Well let's see the 101,535 km Triumph got a good going over this week. New brakes, brake fluid, clutch fluid, coolant, oil, fork oil and battery. Took the carbs off, took them apart and cleaned thoroughly, took K&N filter out cleaned and re-oiled, new spark plugs too.
Still got 80% left on my Michelin Road Pilots I put on last year. Replaced three broken spokes in the rear hub last year too. I've got new fork top nuts/adjusters coming soon.
Runs like a champ now!

Just needs a good wash and wax now.

Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Fritzthecat wrote:They have lots of grunt off the line as I recall and are far more sporting of a bike despite their looks

Plenty of grunt. I need thicker grips, though. I've got huge mitts and the factory grips are just too damned skinny. I figure some heated grips will probably do the trick quite nicely.

I did PM Queenie the offer directly - I don't think she's up for a ride though.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:coffeecanuck: After my experiences?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Queen K wrote::coffeecanuck: After my experiences?

Want to ride on the back of my Triumph?

I might even let you hold onto something. As long as your hands are clean.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Looking through the classified ads at used motorcycles and all I can say is:
Wow there is an awful lot of over priced junk out there. Why are some people asking over retail on a HD they customizedd" with off the rack stuff bought atKane'ss? Why is the BMW with 70,000km and 10 years old still worth 85% retail of the newequivalentt model? Since when did stripping away half a 30 year old bike suddenly make it worth more than a fully correctly restored version?
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

If you see this next weekend gimme a wave
Attachments
image.jpg
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Fixer 166 wrote:If you see this next weekend gimme a wave

You got fresh rubber on your m/c trailer?
Ready for those 4 hour tours?
Got your Sons of Anarchy colours?

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”