Motorcycles

Home of the traffic rant.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Motorcycles

Post by Fritzthecat »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:The 101 handles well, popular with wall of death riders.. The years before that are good too a bit shorter..

I never got totry it or have seen it, but they say a 101 Scout,cand do a figure 8... No hands.!!

Try that on a modern bike

Did not watch video yet but the yellow bike is likely from Glenn Banquer, of Port St Lucie.. Florida.. I think

I don't think the next great thing in motorcycles frames/handling came until the Norton Featherbed in the early 50's.
The 101 Scout was one of the first truly modern bikes and they can still be ridden in a safe and practical fashion on todays roads, unlike many of the bikes fromt he 1920's.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I saw Ms ThrottleBlipper tonight..

The amount of squirming port to starboard on the seat as she revved and blipped..suggested to me that she perhaps is not capable of riding and revving out a HD twin or Ducati twin....and staying on the road....and in controlof one of them machines..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I saw Ms ThrottleBlipper tonight..

The amount of squirming port to starboard on the seat as she revved and blipped..suggested to me that she perhaps is not capable of riding and revving out a HD twin or Ducati twin....and staying on the road....and in controlof one of them machines..

Yep me and my passenger had this wonderful experience the other day too. 4-5 Alberta tagged HD's going up the highway in the right lane and another white Ford Alberta tagged F-350 in the left. They blocked the road for about 5 km. The HD riders got to a light and ALL of them were blipping the throttle. Did I mention they were all on dang near new HD's with fuel injection? One of them even had a pseudo 3 piece patch on. One guy damn near side swiped my car with his too big for him to handle Road King. He drifted out of his lane and into mine. I had no where to go. All of them rode like asshats until I ditched them. I am sure they continued to ride like asshats but I fortunately didn't have to see it.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Well I was out riding today and didn't see any throttle blippers. I did see a few guys riding hugging that almighty center line, but for the most part just enjoyed the ride and saw a lot of riders. I did see a some disconcerting things today, tho:

Short Shorts - are not meant to be worn by all. If you weigh more than 100lbs, you probably aren't meant to be wearing short shorts. The lady I saw wearing them was definitely not meant to be wearing them.

Sidecar on a sports bike? Riding empty? SRSLY?

Roll of toilet paper stuck in the highway bars on a hog?

If you're wearing lululemon pants, and not much else... and you have to pick something up from the sidewalk... please point your derriere away from the road. If you're meant to be wearing such pants, you're creating a road hazard by giving a target to fixate on. If you're not meant to be wearing them (see short shorts above) then you're causing my eyeballs to burn.

If you're a car full of 20-something girls in a convertable VW and feel like flashing - please signal and pull over first. Bonus points if you ask me to grab the camera. However, trying to enjoy the view isn't as fun with the distraction of trying to navigate the weekend highway traffic.

Oh - and don't eat mexican food before riding.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

36Drew I am sure you will appreciate this, the Bata Motor-Sandal.
Obviously intended for Asian countries where small m/c reign supreme. Probably better than bare foot or thin sandals people usually wear in those countries.

36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Fritzthecat wrote:36Drew I am sure you will appreciate this, the Bata Motor-Sandal.
Obviously intended for Asian countries where small m/c reign supreme. Probably better than bare foot or thin sandals people usually wear in those countries.

Probably better than what most wear, but until it factors in toe, ankle, and heel protection I sure wouldn't wear that. :P

On a positive note, I just burned through a tank and half of gas today. On a slightly down note, I was out riding in that blasted heat. I did make a couple stops to dump water down my front/back/arms which helped.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

36Drew wrote:Probably better than what most wear, but until it factors in toe, ankle, and heel protection I sure wouldn't wear that. :P

On a positive note, I just burned through a tank and half of gas today. On a slightly down note, I was out riding in that blasted heat. I did make a couple stops to dump water down my front/back/arms which helped.

I headed for the mountains. Had some bubblegum gelato and it gave me a gut ache. Must be getting old.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Leaked drawing of the 2014 Indian.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Puuuurty!
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Roadster wrote:Puuuurty!

I just found out it is an early design sketch. I'll bet the new bike unveiled on Saturday has twin shocks in the rear.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Every Relationship Is Give & Give
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Victory is going to be in a tough spot after the new Indian is revealed this Saturday.
I was always disappointed that Vidotry never went beyond the usual V twin cruiser. Their touring bikes are nice, if a big V twin cruiser based rig is what you want. People who have them love them.

Always been a better machien than the HD.
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

Fritz, I don't think indian will hurt victory sales. Although they are similar, still a very different bike. Just got back from the island on my victory cct, what a hoot, most practical bike ever, you sure get to compare notes with the other bikes when in a confined space on the different ferries.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

emc group wrote:Fritz, I don't think indian will hurt victory sales. Although they are similar, still a very different bike. Just got back from the island on my victory cct, what a hoot, most practical bike ever, you sure get to compare notes with the other bikes when in a confined space on the different ferries.

I hope they don't lose interest on Victory is what I'm saying. They are 2 separate divisions, like Chevy and Buick.
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

Thanks for the nudge Fritz, upon further digging I now understand why you say that. Sounds like they are trying to share parts where they can, but looks like the motor is quite different. Gives me something to look into.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”