Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by LTD »

your allowed to bring your dog into rona
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

This was a new one.

[at the Dilworth/Harvey intersection and we're facing a green light] I'm in the left turn-lane facing south to get onto Harvey (I want to go to Superstore). There are several other vehicles in the oncoming left-turn lane as well. We're all sitting there waiting for all straight traffic to clear to complete our left turns.

Since I'm 2nd in line in my lane I can't quite see exactly what's happening, but this is what I witnessed.

A white SUV in the oncoming inside lane flicks on his left turn signal (signaled, I guess we can be thankful for that)...proceeds to partially turn left in front of the vehicles actually waiting in the turn lane...but...isn't fully out of the inside lane. So now he's blocking that lane plus he's turning left in front of all of that other left-turning traffic! This clown actually turned left from the inside lane! And it was 4:10pm to boot...not like traffic is heavier at that time or anything.

Major head shaker for sure.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

After watching this video & noticing the wheels don't appear to be turning around, so that tell me its now a toboggan with wheels. Taking control away from the drivetrain (heavy use of brakes), tends cause this to happen.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Offbeat/13 ... r-drifting

To the driver the title of this thread fit you. lol

Hopefully no one was injured.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To all the people I saw driving while using your phone today, you are all idiots.

To all the people driving through the Elementary school zone, that never slowed down one bit, you also are all idiots!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Just to change things up a bit ... this guy is certainly brilliant when he finds his parking spot "Taken" ;)

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Idiocy alert: people who do not clear the snow off their cars so that their rear lights are completely covered once the snow slumps down and gets hung up on the bumper.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
quagmaire
Fledgling

Post by quagmaire »

Last edited by quagmaire on Feb 4th, 2015, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giggidy, Giggidy

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

To the fool in the white pickup truck coming up hwy33 just past Costco last night. It was rush hour and a bus was stopped in the curb lane with it's 4-ways on. Not sure if it was broken down or what, but it just stayed there. So the cars behind it were trying to get around. Finally the passing lane clears out and this line of cars with their left blinkers on start moving into the passing lane. Cue the tool 4 or 5 cars back who whips his white pickup into the fast lane and floors it. The jackass had to drive partway in the median to avoid hitting the others who were changing lanes in front of him, to a cacophony of honking and slamming on brakes. What goes through people's brains? As though he was the only one who needed to pass that bus, or wanted to get home... situation out of the ordinary, obstruction being navigated around, drivers being cautious, BETTER FLOOR IT!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

To the driver of the Sun Fun Tours Prevost heading past the airport last night going towards Vernon. Is there a reason you needed to be in the left lane with a string of cars behind you. Also, you need to work on your lane changes, especially at the speed you were travelling at ... grow up, you're supposed to be a professional.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Dizzy1 wrote:To the driver of the Sun Fun Tours Prevost heading past the airport last night going towards Vernon. Is there a reason you needed to be in the left lane with a string of cars behind you. Also, you need to work on your lane changes, especially at the speed you were travelling at ... grow up, you're supposed to be a professional.

I love these ones. Hopefully someone's boss sees this and helps them deal with their road ignorance, even a simple warning that the public is watching might help someone some day and save someone else.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

To the woman on the westside who stopped dead in the middle of the road behind Canadian Tire... a pedestrian standing on the sidewalk mid-block is NOT something you slam on your brakes for. It took a gesture from him and a honk from me to get her moving again. You have the right of way idiot, and damn near got me rear-ended with that little maneuver.

Crossing at other than crosswalk
180 When a pedestrian is crossing a highway at a point not in a crosswalk, the pedestrian must yield the right of way to a vehicle.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

To the nice guy in the big grey pick up going down 33 the other day around 10 am in such a hurry you weaved between people like you were on a motorbike,,, can't wait to see your truck in a heap in the dump yard. I worry about you tho even tho I shouldnt, your business what you do with your life right... What about everyone around you tho?
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Yesterday I saw some mental giant make this move on Harvey @ Abbott. Like many drivers have, they found themselves forced to make that merge onto the bridge. Instead of doing the idiot lap, they decided to turn left at the merge into the wrong lane on a g**damned green light for the traffic on Harvey! They stopped dead in the opposing lane (since we're all coming over the bridge from West Kelowna).
Attachments
dumbass.jpg
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Corner of Mountain and Glenmore. Northbound I'm entering the left hand turning lane onto Mountain. Lady in a SUV makes a left out of the Mac's store, across the solid yellow painted median and attempts to merge into the left hand turning lane infront of me. I slammed my brakes on, stalled my car out. She didnt see me. She tries to wave me infront of her!

Both windows were rolled down. Pleasantries exchanged. Apparently I shouldn't be so upset because "everyone makes mistakes".

Making the conscience choice to drive across a median (on a dark rainy night) in order to save yourself a traffic light wait is hardly a mistake.

It sucks for the Mac store owners but I've gone and reported the traffic issue to the city of Kelowna. Everyone loves to invent a left land turning lane in the yellow lined "do not drive here" so they can turn directly into the Mac's store without having to make the left at the light and then loop around. Expect concrete barriers up there soon.

The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

Atomoa wrote:Corner of Mountain and Glenmore. Northbound I'm entering the left hand turning lane onto Mountain. Lady in a SUV makes a left out of the Mac's store, across the solid yellow painted median and attempts to merge into the left hand turning lane infront of me. I slammed my brakes on, stalled my car out. She didnt see me. She tries to wave me infront of her!

Both windows were rolled down. Pleasantries exchanged. Apparently I shouldn't be so upset because "everyone makes mistakes".

Making the conscience choice to drive across a median (on a dark rainy night) in order to save yourself a traffic light wait is hardly a mistake.

It sucks for the Mac store owners but I've gone and reported the traffic issue to the city of Kelowna. Everyone loves to invent a left land turning lane in the yellow lined "do not drive here" so they can turn directly into the Mac's store without having to make the left at the light and then loop around. Expect concrete barriers up there soon.

Are you aware that there is also a RCMP Community Policing Station in the same complex? (Just behind the Macs store.) Maybe they can address your problem?

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”