Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

Hyundai failed to stop at a 4-way this morning. Drove straight past the front of my car with a couple of inches spare at about 40-45.

Even worse, a pedestrian was almost half way into the crosswalk on my right side. I had stopped, completely, lights on, turn signal on, now stopped just past the stop line just waiting for the lady to cross before I turned right.

Got the plate and called it in.

*bleep* told me she didn't even see the stop sign or pedestrian. Another one who is beyond "idiot" status and will probably, inevitably, kill someone.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the driver of the Mercedes SUV on KLO who quickly changed lanes and almost ran over 2 pedestrians in the crosswalk with the warning lights flashing...you are an idiot. As well as the guy shaving while driving on Spall Rd this morning...get up 5 min earlier and shave before you get in your car! You are also an idiot!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
spooker

Post by spooker »

Bsuds wrote:To the driver of the Mercedes SUV on KLO who quickly changed lanes and almost ran over 2 pedestrians in the crosswalk with the warning lights flashing...you are an idiot. As well as the guy shaving while driving on Spall Rd this morning...get up 5 min earlier and shave before you get in your car! You are also an idiot!

Hmmm ... it's a Mercedes kind of day ... just watched a black Mercedes sedan stop at the light on Richter at Lawrence ... wait for a bit ... then just drive right on through the red ... with my bicycle I caught up to him at Harvey after waiting for he green and just smiled ...
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Just back from Vancouver. Holy moly the drivers out that way are even worse than our locals. Apart from the sheer speed that some travel whilst being almost attached to the car in front it seems that almost nobody understands the rules of the HOV and the painted road markings. If there is a solid white line you DO NOT enter or exit the HOV. You make your lane change when the line is broken. Well that is the rule but i think over 90% of vehicles i saw travelling on Highway 1 completely ignore it if they even know about it. Cars, trucks, vans and SUV's cutting in and out whenever they want to so they can get ahead.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I drove to Rutland to pick up take out from Olympia and during the round trip I saw no less than 3 red light runners and numerous speeders and tailgaters.

All idiots!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bsuds wrote:I drove to Rutland to pick up take out from Olympia and during the round trip I saw no less than 3 red light runners and numerous speeders and tailgaters.

All idiots!

Yup.

Clown who had to back halfway out of an intersection crossing Harvey. Not sure where your head was at. You ran a red with traffic IN the intersection both left and right of you. That takes some special kind of Kelowna special skillz superstar driving inability.

I wish there was a cop there to ticket you.

You are truly a cretin. Hand in your license. Please.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Knowingly or unknowingly a white Mercedes-Benz SUV is driving around without plates or temp sticker in the window.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

GordonH wrote:Knowingly or unknowingly a white Mercedes-Benz SUV is driving around without plates or temp sticker in the window.

Another Kelowna airhead.

Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Or someone stole their plate and they haven't noticed it yet. I haven't checked my car its plates for a few days.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

GordonH wrote:Knowingly or unknowingly a white Mercedes-Benz SUV is driving around without plates or temp sticker in the window.

Okay - after what Piecemaker just posted, I don't check my plates when I jump in my car and go for groceries. Why does that make me an idiot?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Idiots....

- parked in the bike lane at high schools. Parents - figure it out or hand in your drivers license.

- people texting stopped at red lights. Dumb.

- people yick yakking on the phone while driving. Cretins.

Brutal Kelowna.

dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

lightspeed wrote:Idiots....

- parked in the bike lane at high schools. Parents - figure it out or hand in your drivers license.

- people texting stopped at red lights. Dumb.

- people yick yakking on the phone while driving. Cretins.

Brutal Kelowna.

Idiotic drivers who just don't get it really frustrate me. READ THE SIGNS. If it says "no right turn on red" then thats what it means and camping out in the green painted "bike only" area waiting to do it is a double no no. Jeeze both Richter/Sutherland and Pandosy/KLO are clearly marked yet nearly everyone disobeys the signage. Yeah its new but hey i noticed and i've been around these parts for some time, there is NO excuse! Well unless you were texting, then that's ok because you wouldn't have seen the sign, or the bike, or the pedestrian, or hopefully the traffic enforcement officer next time
spooker

Post by spooker »

dodgerdodge wrote:Idiotic drivers who just don't get it really frustrate me. READ THE SIGNS. If it says "no right turn on red" then thats what it means and camping out in the green painted "bike only" area waiting to do it is a double no no. Jeeze both Richter/Sutherland and Pandosy/KLO are clearly marked yet nearly everyone disobeys the signage. Yeah its new but hey i noticed and i've been around these parts for some time, there is NO excuse! Well unless you were texting, then that's ok because you wouldn't have seen the sign, or the bike, or the pedestrian, or hopefully the traffic enforcement officer next time

Just saw a driver save 5 seconds by turning right on red at the Richter/Sutherland intersection this morning ... such a useful decision ... agreeing with all you said ...
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Woman in the silver Honda Element leaving Lake Country at about 8:20 this morning. You went flying by as we got on the highway heading to Vernon...yakking on your cell phone.

Speeding and talking on your cell phone.
Great combination.

Idiot.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Johnny Alberta in your white BMW M3 yesterday. You weaved along cutting people up. I let you have some space so you could undertake me from the right then cut back in. The car that weaved towards you as you moved back to the right lane almost side swiped you was actually talking on their cellphone. That's why I didn't overtake her. I spied an idiot who was weaving left and right in her own lane almost crossing into my lane, and gave her space. But you were in too much of a rush to notice, what with your speeding and weaving lanes. I kinda wish she HAD sideswiped you. Two idiots would've been caught in one move.

Too many idiots. Not enough roads.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”